Chapter Thirteen

Rose was like in a trance while she was in the Chamber with Ginny. She could feel her magic flow through her, going into the book. Not much later Ginny falls to the ground and she felt dizzy and as if her energy was being drained as her eyes closed. But Rose didn't even look at her fallen friend. Then a boy appeared, and took the book from Rose's hands.

"Thank you dear." Tom Riddle says, feeling the extra magic. His tone was anything but sincere, a sinister undertone could be heard.

Rose doesn't respond, still under his influence. Rocks could be hear falling in the distance of the chamber, indicating someone was here. Tom glared at the entrance, not liking that he was being interrupted.

"Take out your wand." He tells the girl, and she does what he says. He looks at his own reflection seeing he wasn't really done yet. He places his book in Ginny's hands, hoping to get her life force more quickly, before directing himself and Rose out of sight before someone comes in.

Soon after that Harry enters the room, seeing Ginny lying on the ground. He rushes to her side, "Ginny! Please don't be dead. Wake up! Wake Up! Oh, where's Rose." Harry rambles with concern.

"She won't wake up." Tom informs Harry, causing him to turn and see Tom and Rose.

"Rose?" he questions, but gets no reaction from her, she doesn't even look at him, more she looks past him. Harry looks to Tom, recognizing him, though he looked like he did from the book, "Tom... Tom Riddle? What d'you mean, she won't wake? She's not..." Harry tries to question, worry filling him again.

"She's still alive. But only just." Tom tells the boy honestly, but uncaring.

"Are you a ghost?" Harry questions, confused on how he was even talking to him. Giving glances to his sister, as she still hasn't looked his way, or said a word.

"A memory. Preserved in a diary for fifty years." Tom admits, causing Harry to look that Ginny was holding. He reaches to touch her arm only to feel that she is cold.

"She's cold as ice. You've got to help me, Tom, Rose. There's a basilisk --" Harry tries to convince them but is cut off.

"It won't come until it's called." Tom tells him, causing Harry to look at him confused, as Tom twirls Harry's wand not even noticing when he got it.

"Give me my wand, Tom." Harry demands, getting un uneasy feeling now.

"You won't be needing it." Tom tells him, ignoring his demand, feeling more power with the wand in his hand.

"Listen, we've got to go! We've got to save her! Rose, please, she's our friend." Harry pleads, but is ignored once again by her, the uneasy feeling growing.

"I'm afraid I can't do that, Harry. You see, as poor Ginny grows weaker... I grow stronger. And Rose here, well she can only hear me. Rose dear, lift up your wand." Tom says, and Rose does so, pointing her wand towards Harry waiting.

Harry looks between the two, confused. "But she's dying." Harry says to them.

"Yes. I'm afraid so. But then, she's been in so much pain, poor Ginny. She's been writing to me for months, telling me all her pitiful worries and woes. Ginny poured her soul out to me. I grew stronger on a diet of her deepest fears, her darkest secrets. I grew powerful enough to start feeding Ginny a few secrets, to start pouring a bit of my soul back into her... And Rose here, she's just the icing on the cake. I only had to write to her once for me to connect with her so fast. She doesn't even realise how much power is truly in her. She's helping so much in my return." He tells Harry as his image becomes more clear as he speaks, then giving Harry a cruel grin. "Yes, Harry, it was Ginny Weasley, and Rose Potter who opened the Chamber of Secrets." He tells him.