Chapter 20

The Four of us are walking back through a corridor. "Hagrid always wanted a dragon. He told me so the first time I met him." Harry tells us.

"It's crazy. And worse, Malfoy knows." Ron grumbles.

"I don't understand. Is that bad?" Harry asks confused.

"It's bad." Ron tells him with a nod.

We stop as McGonagall, in her nightgown, appears. "Good evening." McGonagall greets us.

Draco appears, looking smugly beside her, not looking at me.

We were all lead to McGonagall's class room. Draco stood a few feet away, smirking.

"Nothing, I repeat, nothing gives a student the right to walk about the school at night. Therefore, as punishment for your actions, 50 points will be taken." McGonagall says to us sternly.

"50?!" Harry exclaims shocked.

"Each." McGonagall tells us with a pointed look. "And to ensure it doesn't happen again, all five of you will receive detention." She tells us.

I could see Draco nod, but then stop and his smile vanishes. "Excuse me, Professor. Perhaps I heard you wrong. I thought you said...'the five of us.'" Draco sort of asks.

"No, you heard me correctly, Mr.Malfoy. You see, as honorable as your intentions were, you too were out of bed after hours. You will serve detention with your classmates." McGonagall tells him, with a small smug look of her own.

Harry, Ron and Hermione grin looking at each other. Draco sighs. I just look down. If i wasn't in trouble before, I so am now.

~~~~~

We were outside, at night, the five of us are being led to Hagrid's hut by Mr.Filch.

"A pity they let the old punishments die. There was a time detention would find you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons. God, I miss the screaming." Filch pauses, I heard Draco gulps, and Hermione starts to walk a bit faster. "You'll be serving detention with Hagrid tonight. He's got a little job to do inside the dark forest." Hagrid appears with a crossbow at the edge of the forbidden forest. He sniffles. "A sorry lot this, Hagrid. Oh, good God, man, you're not still on about that bloody dragon, are you?" Filch says, annoyance in his voice.

Hagrid continues to sniffle and then sighs "Norbert's gone. Dumbledore sent him off to Romania to live in a colony." Hagrid tells us.

"Well, that's good, isn't it? He'll be with his own kind." Hermione states.

"Yeah, but what if he don't like Romania? What if the other dragons are mean to him? He's only a baby, after all." Hagrid says like an over protective parent, still heart broken.

"Oh, for Gods sake, pull yourself together, man. You're going into the forest, after all. Got to have your wits about you." Filch tells him, clearly annoyed.

"The forest? I thought that was a joke! We can't go in there. Students aren't allowed. And there are......werewolves!" Draco states shocked. Right after he says that a howl emits from the forest, sending a shiver down my spine.

"There's more than werewolves in those trees, lad. You can be sure of that. Nighty-night." Filch tells us, walking back to the castle. Draco looks absolutely terrified.

"Right. Let's go." Hagrid tells us, leading us into the dark, scary forest.

In the forest. All of us walk along a path to a tree. Hagrid stops, bends down and dips his fingers in a silver puddle. He pulls out his fingers and rubs them together. A silver trail smears with his fingers.

"Hagrid, what's that?" Harry asks.

"What we're here for. See that? That's unicorn's blood, that is. I found one dead a few weeks ago. Now, this one's been injured bad by something." Hagrid pauses, cleaning the blood off his fingers. I look around the forest, suddenly I see a large cloaked figure walking through the trees, Sending another shiver down my spine. "So, it's our job to find the poor beast. Ron, Hermione, you'll come with me." Hagrid says.

"Okay." Ron responds weakly.

"Harry, Rose you'll go with Malfoy." Hagrid tells us. Draco nods, and Harry nods. I know both aren't happy to be in the same group together.

"Okay. Then I get Fang!" Draco bargains.

"Fine. Just so you know, he's a bloody coward."Hagrid tells him, handing Fangs leash to Draco. Fang whines.

~~~~~~

Harry, Draco, and I are walking through the forest, Fang leading. Draco has the lamp in hand..

"You wait till my father hears about this. This is servant's stuff." Draco grumbles.

"Draco stop complaining." I tell him. I hear him give out a sigh.

"If I didn't know better, Draco, I'd say you were scared." Harry taunts Draco.

"Scared, Potter?!" Draco scoffs, Then a howl sounds from the woods. "Did you hear that? Come on, Fang... Scared." He says and scoffs at the end.

I sigh, These boys just won't stop fighting, will they?

~~~

We continue to walk, we approach a flat ground with gnarled roots all over. Fang stops, then growls.

"What is it, Fang?" Harry asks. I suddenly get a bad feeling.

I look up ahead and see a cloaked figure, it's crouched over a dead unicorn, drinking its blood. The figure raises its head, silver blood dripping from its mouth.

I stood there, terrified. Harry gasps and grabs his scar.

Draco had a look of pure fear "AHHHHHHHHH!!! AHHH!" He yells then runs away, with Fang "HELP!!!!!" He yells as he runs.

Harry and I don't run. The figure slides over the unicorn and rises. It advances towards us. We back up, but trips. Harry crawls backwards I try to do the same. Suddenly, there is the sound of hoofbeats. A figure leaps over Harry and I and lands near the cloaked figure. It is a silver centaur. It rears, and the cloaked figure retreats, flying away.

"Harry Potter, you and the girl must leave. You are known to many creatures here. The forest is not safe at this time. Especially for you." The Centaur tells us.

Harry stands up "But what was that thing you saved us from?" Harry asks the Centaur.

"A monstrous creature. It is a terrible crime to slay a unicorn. Drinking the blood of a unicorn will keep you alive even if you are an inch from death. But at a terrible price. You have slain something so pure that the moment the blood touches your lips, you will have a half-life. A cursed life."He replies.

Harry helps me stand "But who would choose such a life?" I ask.

"Can you think of no one?" The Centaur replies.

"Do you mean to say...that that thing that killed the unicorn...that was drinking its blood...that was Voldemort?" Harry questions.

"Do you know what is hidden in the school at this very moment?" The Centaur asks.

"The Philosopher's Stone."Harry replies.

Suddenly, I heard a dog bark. Harry and I look up and see Hagrid, Hermione, Ron and Draco appear, coming towards us.

"Harry! Rose!" Hermione yells, when she sees us.

"Hello there, Firenze. I see you've met our young Mr.Potter, and Ms. Evans. You all right there, Harry?Rose?" Hagrid asks. Harry and I nod.

"Harry Potter, this is where I leave you. You're safe now. Good luck." The Centaur, Firenze, tells Harry, before leaving.
________________
Bam! Another one!! Ah detention something I never had cause I'm a goody two shoes. Lol.
I hope you enjoyed, comment your thoughts or suggestions.
Check out my other books you may enjoy.
I have a twilight series ff.
I have one shot books.
I have an original book that I bet you'd enjoy.
Or check out my suggestions in my reading lists.
I hope you have great week.
Vote
Comment
Share
Lots of luv ~ snowflake.