Chapter Nine

Leaving McGonagalls class, the four of us make our way through the busy corridor talking about what was just told to us. "D'you think it's true? D'you think there really is a Chamber of Secrets?" Ron asks to us.

"Yes. Couldn't you tell: McGonagall's worried. All the teachers are." Hermione says factually, causing me to nod.

"Yeah, I'm surprised she even told us anything." I add on.

"But if there really is a Chamber of Secrets, and it's really been opened, that means..." Harry sasy putting the puzzle together.

"The Heir of Slytherin has returned to Hogwarts. The question is, who is it?" Hermione finishes for him.

Ron gives us a look of thought overdramatically, "Let's think. Who do we know who thinks muggle-borns are scum." he says, as a group of slytherins pass us, the group including Draco and his two goons.

"If you're talking about -" I start, to attempt to defend him but Ron cuts in.

"Of course! You heard him: 'You'll be next, Mudbloods'!" Ron says, making a point of what happened that other night.

"I heard him. But Malfoy? The Heir of Slytherin?" Hermione questions skeptically.

"Maybe Ron's right, Hermione, Rose. I mean, look at his family. The whole lot of them have been in Slytherin for centuries." Harry tells us.

"Crabbe and Goyle must know. Maybe we could trick them into telling..."  Ron says as a sort of plan.

"Not a chance. Even they aren't that thick." I tell him, knowing the two wouldn't know, and if they did they wouldn't blab about it.

"But there might be another way. Mind you, it would be difficult. Not to mention we'd be breaking about fifty school rules. And it would be dangerous. Very dangerous." Hermione adds on with a thoughtful look.

"When do we start?" Ron asks, excitement in his eyes.

Later that day, Hermione has us all meet her in the library to hear out her plan. We were in a part of the library that no other person was in as Hermione showed us the book that held a part of her plan. The book itself was that of 'Most Potente Potions'. Hermione was quickly flipping through it before finally stopping.

"Here it is: 'The Polyjuice Potion. Properly brewed, the Polyjuice Potion allows the
drinker to transform himself temporarily into the physical form of another...'" Hermione read from the book to us as we look over her shoulder.

"You mean, Harry and I drink some of this stuff and we turn into Crabbe and Goyle?" Ron questions.

"Yes." She tells him simply.

"Wicked! Malfoy will tell us anything!" Ron says excitedly.

"Unless he doesn't trust them." I say, causing his smile to falter a bit.

"Only thing it's tricky. I've never seen a more complicated potion. Lacewing flies, leeches, fluxweed. And, of course, we'll need a bit of whoever we want to change into too." Hermione tells us, pointing to us the ingredients list.

"Hang on now. I'm drinking nothing with Crabbe's toenails in it." Ron says cringing at the thought after seeing the list.

"How long will it take to make?" Harry asks, not seeming bothered by the list.

"A month." I read from the book.

"A month? But if Malfoy is the heir of Slytherin... he could attack half the Muggle-borns in
the school by then."Harry says shocked.

"You didn't have to tell me that." Hermione says, closing the book.

 ----------------------

Before the Quidditch match today, I decided to hang out with the twins before they had to go. I see them down the corridor heading to the Great Hall, "Fred! George!" I call out to them, weaving my way through the students trying to catch up to them.