Chapter 12

Flying. The most nerve racking class ever. All the students, including myself, were lined up in two rows, with broom sticks near us. I stood next to Harry on one side and Ron stood on the other side of him, Draco stood in the row across from mine two people away from me. Our Professor, Madam Hooch, walked in between the two rows. Her eyes were very intense looking, sort of like a hawk, from how yellow they were.

"Good afternoon, class." Madam Hooch greets us.

"Good afternoon, Madam Hooch." All the students including myself say in return.

"Good afternoon. Welcome to your first flying lesson. Well, what are you waiting for? Everyone step up to the left side of their broomstick. Come on now, hurry up. Stick your right hand over the broom and say, Up!" She informs us to do.

All of us do what she says. I take a step to my Broom and lift my right hand over the broom. And say Up, with the rest of the class. "Up!" But nothing happens. I frown.

I notice that Harry's broom flies into his hand. "Whoa." Harry says when it flys up into his hand. 

 "Up! " I hear Draco say, i look over just in time to see the Broom go in his hand. Draco smugly grins, and looks over at me with a look. I roll my eyes.

" With feeling!" Madam Hooch tells everyone.

 "Up. Up. Up. Up." I could hear Hermione repeatedly say.

Ron: "Up!!" I hear Ron shout, I look over at him past harry just in time to see him get hit in the face with the broom. "Ow!" Ron exclaims, holding his nose. Harry  starts laughing, causing me to laugh a little bit as well. "Shut up." Ron tells us but starts laugh a little as well. 

I look back down at my Broom, and put my hand over it and close my eyes,  "Up." I say softly, and suddenly feel the broom in my hand. I open my eyes shocked. I didn't think that would work. I could feel someone looking at me, i look around and notice it was Hermione, she was glaring at me? why? she looks away.

After everyone finally go there brooms up, the lesson continued. "Now, once you've got hold of your broom, I want you to mount it. And grip it tight, you don't want to be sliding off the end." she pauses as everyone mounts their brooms. "When I blow my whistle, I want each of you to kick off from the ground, hard. Keep your broom steady, hover for a moment, and then lean forward slightly and touch back down. On my whistle...3...2..." Madam Hooch tells us then blows her whistle.

Neville immediately lifts off. He looks quite frightened. "Oh..." he says unsteadily

 "Mr.Longbottom." Madam Hooch says a tiny bit sternly. Neville continued to move higher  "M-M-Mr. Longbottom Mr.Longbottom!" She starts to say with worry as he began to have no control.

 "AHH!" Neville yells out as he began to move forward instead of just up.

"Mr.Longbottom!" Madam Hooch shouts for him.

"Down! Down! Ahhhh!" we could hear Neville shout. "Help!!!"

Hooch: "Come back down this instant!" She says in a shaking stern voice. I'm assuming she's hoping its a joke

"AHH!" He soars through the sky and hits a wall, conking along it and then swooping off. All the while, he is screaming. He begins to zoom back towards the group of students. Hooch holds out her wand to stop him. I don't believe that she'll actually be able to stop him in time he's coming over here pretty fast. "Help!" Neville cries out once again.

"Mr.Longbottom!" Madam Hooch shouts Neville approaches. all of us scatter and Hooch dives out of the way just in the nick of time. Neville goes through the scatter and up a tower.