Chapter Seven

The Gryffindor quidditch team were walking through the outdoor corridor heading to their practice. Hermione, Ron and I were out in the courtyard hanging out, some of us studying, as Harry had practice. I could see Oliver Wood, the captain of the team talking to the team about something. Then Oliver started to speed walk into the courtyard. I look and see the Slytherin quidditch team aslo walking into the courtyard.

"Oh no, I sense trouble." I say to Hermione and Ron, nodding to the two opposing teams meeting together.

"Uh, Oh." Ron says, getting up from the bench we were sitting on, I collect my book and we, approaching the teams to see what the issue was.

"Clear out, Flint! I booked the pitch for Gryffindor today." Oliver tells Flint, annoyed.

"Easy Wood, I've got a note." Flint responds, holding out a note to Oliver.

Oliver snatches the note from Flint and reads the note out loud, "'I, Professor Severus Snape, do hereby give the Slytherin team permission to practice today, owing to the need to train their new Seeker.' You've got a new Seeker? Who?" Oliver asked un-amused and annoyed.

The Slytherin team moves to reveal Draco, as he walks forward, smirking towards the Gryffindor team. "Malfoy?" Harry questions.

My eyes widen and my hand goes to the necklace he gave me. That's why it was a snitch, because he knew he was going to be a seeker this year.

"That's right. And that's not all that's new this year..." Draco says, moving around his broom from hand to hand, showing off the new brooms all of the Slytherins were holding.

"Those are the new Nimbus Two Thousand and Ones." Ron says stunned at what he was looking at. "How did you get those?" Ron asks.

"A gift from Draco's father." Flint explains.

"That's right, Weasley. You see, unlike some, my father can afford to buy the best." Draco tells Ron in a bit of a rude tone.

"At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in. They got in on pure talent." Hermione sasses Draco.

"Hermione don't antagonize them." I tell her, hoping to stop a potential fight.

Draco walks over to Ron and Hermione, looking her dead in the eye "No one asked your opinion; you filthy little Mudblood." Draco tells Hermione angrily. Everyone looks at Draco, surprised at what he just said.

"Draco!" I gasped, surprised he said that.

"You'll pay for that one, Malfoy!" Ron says angrily, grabbing his broken taped wand from his robe, "Eat slugs!" Ron says, pointing the want in Draco's face. The light of the spell doesn't hit Draco, but goes back and hits Ron, sending him flying back on the grass.

Hermione runs over to him along with the Gryffindor team, the Slytherin team chuckling at what happened. I look back over to Draco, and hit his arm with my book. "Don't be a git, that could have very easily been you." I tell him glaring at him.

He holds his arm that I had hit, taking a step back from me not looking me in the eye. I roll my eyes, let out a huff and head over to the others who surround Ron.

As I reach them Ron throws up slugs causing the crowd to take a step back, then a flash of light happens, "Wow, could you turn him around Harry?" Colin Creevey asks, holding his camera ready.

"No Colin, get out of the way." Harry says, going to Ron to help him up, Hermione does the same, having Ron shakily stand up. "Let's take him to Hagrid." Ron throws up a slug, interrupting Harry, "He'll know what to do." Harry tells Hermione and I, and they help Ron exit the courtyard pass the two teams. I follow behind them.

_________

Hagrid rummages about, looking for something. "Got jus' the thing. Set 'im down on that chair o'er there. This calls for a specialist equipment." Hagrid instructs

As Ron sits, Hagrid pitches up a bucket and hands it to Ron and he places between his knees. Harry and Hermione glance up questioningly. Hagrid shrugs.

"Nothin' to do but wait till it stops I'm afraid." Hagrid says, and Ron throws up another Slug into the bucket causing the rest of us to cringe, "Better out than in. Who was he tryin' ter curse anyway?" Hagrid explains simply and asks us.

"He was trying to curse Draco." I explain simply seeing how sad Hermione was about this whole situation.

"He called Hermione, well, I don't know exactly what it means..." Harry tries to explain.

Hermione stands, and walks away from us and quietly says "He called me a Mudblood."

Hagrid gasps "'He didn'! "

Harry looks confused. Hermione glances at him, then me, then away, obviously pained by this.

"It means dirty blood. Mudblood is a really foul name for someone who was Muggle-born. Someone with non-magic parents. Someone... like me..." Hermione explains trailing off, upset.

"It's not a term one hears in a normal civilized conversation or in public generally." I finish explaining to Harry from what Hermione trailed off from.

"Yeh see, Harry. There are some wizards -- like Malfoy's family -- who think they're better than everyone else 'cause they're what people call Pureblood." Hagrid explains further.

"That's horrible." Harry says

Ron throws up another slug, "It's disgusting! " Ron says, either referencing the slugs or what Draco said.

"An' it's codswallop ter boot. Dirty blood. There's 'ardly awizard today that's not half-blood or less. If we 'adn't married Muggles we'd've died out long ago. Besides, they haven't invented a spell our Hermione can't do... Don' you think on it, Hermione. Don' you think on it fer a minute." Hagrid comforts Hermione wonderfully, as she wipes away the tear that had slip from her eye and gave him a smile.  

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoy!

vote 

comment

share

lots of luv~ snowflake