Chapter Ten

Hermione and I had the boys meet us in a girls bathroom that practically no one uses, as we prepare the potion. The bathroom itself was gloomy and very broken looking. I understand why all the girls avoid just by the looks alone.  

The boys had watched us as we were adding some of the ingredients to the small bubbling cauldron. Harry was telling us about what he heard while he was in the hospital wing.

"Again? You mean, the Chamber of Secrets has been opened before?" Hermione questioned, shocked at what Harry was telling us.

"Of course! Don't you see? Lucius Malfoy must've opened it when he was at school here, and now he's told Draco how to do it." Ron tells us as if it were the most obvious answer.

"Maybe. We'll have to wait for the Polyjuice Potion to know for sure." I tell him as I stir the potion.

"Enlighten me. Why are we brewing this potion in broad daylight, in the middle of a girls' lavatory? Don't you think we'll get caught?" Ron asks us, confused.

"Never. No one over comes in here." Hermione explains simply.

"Why?" Ron asks, wanting a better explanation. 

"Moaning Myrtle." Hermione says simply.

Ron now looks more confused, "Who's Moaning Myrtle?" he asks.

Then a loud screech echoes throughout the bathroom, answers ron. Myrtle races out of a wall, and literally comes faces to face with Ron. "I'm Moaning Myrtle. I wouldn't expect you to know me. Who would ever talk about fat, ugly, miserable, moping, moaning Myrtle?" Myrtle says angrily, then starts to sob loudly and dramatically, diving into a stall and into the toilet.

"She's a little sensitive." I tell them, seeing Ron's scared face.

--------------------------

Hermione had dragged me to the dueling club that Lockhart was hosting. It took her dragging Ron and Harry into this for me to agree to go with her. It was being held in the Great Hall, surprisingly a lot of kids showed up. Lockhart was late, but struted in as if he wasn't, and onto the dueling stage. 

"Gather round! Gather round! Can everyone see me? Can you all hear me? Excellent. In light of the dark events of recent weeks, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little Dueling Club, to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves as I myself have done on countless occasions -- for full details, see my published works." Lockhart announces to the crowd of students.

The boy who stood next to Harry started to talk to him, what I heard was his name, Justin and that he was in Hufflepuff. Snape joins Lockhart on the dueling stage. "Let me introduce my assistant Professor Snape. He has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration. Now I don't want any of you youngsters to worry. You'll still have your Potions Master when I'm through with him, never fear!" Lockhart tells us, Snape looks annoyed at his words.

"What's the fun in that?" Ron says to us jokingly.  Lockhart and Snape face each other and bow. They turn away from one another, walk ten paces, and then spin holding their wands ready to strike.

"As you can see, we are holding our wands in the accepted combative position. On the count of three, we will cast our first spells. Neither of us will be aiming to kill, of course." Lockhart tells us, as if he was teaching.

"I wouldn't bet on that." Harry comments.

"One-two-three --" Lockhart counts down.

"Expelliarmus!" Snape wastes no time to casts the spell. A flash of red hits Lockhart, causing him to hit the wall and his wand to fly out of his hand.