Chapter Three

Everyone has gathered in front of the large fireplace, changed and ready to leave.

"You first, Harry dear." Mrs. Weasley says as she offers Harry the flower pot full of floo powder. Harry looks at it confused.

"Harry's never traveled by Floo Powder before, Mum." Ron informs his mother.

"Floo Powder?" Harry asks.

Mrs. Weasley turns to Percy, "Percy. Would you mind going first, so Harry can see how it's done?"

"Certainly, Mother. Don't worry, Harry. It's simple enough." Percy tells Harry he then takes a pinch of Floo powder from the pot and steps into the fireplace.

Percy then says loudly "Diagon Alley." throwing the powder at his feet, green flames then engulf him and Percy vanishes.

"Harry if you're still uncertain I could go before you to show you again, it really isn't that scary." I offer to him. But he shakes his head no.

"No, it's okay Rose. It doesn't seem that hard. I can do it." He says then tentatively, Harry reaches into the pot.

"Remember to speak clearly, dear!" Mrs. Weasley encourages him.

"And mind, you get out at the right grate!" Ron says, jokingly.

Harry the nods, unsure "D-Dia-gon Alley!" He stutters out and throws the Floo powder, then disappears within the flames.

Mr. and Mrs. Weasley looked at each other, concerned.

"He stuttered, didn't he?" I ask Ron with a sigh. He nods.

"It sounded like he said 'Digonelly'." Mr Weasley states.

Ron and I glance at each other, this can't end well.

"All right everyone get going so we can see hopefully that Harry got to where he is supposed to be." Mr. Weasley tells us. And One at a time we all left for Diagon Alley.

- - -

The Weasley's had us split up once Percy told us that Harry never arrived. Fred and I were paired up seeing as Mrs. Weasley doesn't want the twins to cause trouble together, George and Ron were paired up, and Percy oversaw Ginny, while Mr. and Mrs. Weasley each went their own separate ways.

As we all wandered around we all somehow ended up with Hermione outside of Gringotts, Fred wandered away telling me to stay with Hermione probably to find George and cause some trouble.

Hermione and I were talking about possible places where Harry could have ended up, when her eyes widened and she shouted "Harry!" I turn around and see Harry with Hagrid. Hermione and I rush down the steps of Gringotts to meet up with them.

"Hello, Hagrid. Oh, it's wonderful to see you two again." Hermione says when we reach them.

She looks at Harry and cocks her head curiously at him, then takes out her wand and points it directly between his eyes. His eyes widen in surprise then Hermione says, "Oculus Reparo"

Instantly, Harry's glasses are mended. "I need to remember that one." Harry says after he looks at his glasses. I laugh and nod.

"C'mon. Everyone's been so worried. Especially Rose." Hermione tells him, give me a look causing me to roll my eyes.

"Yes, especially me, where did you even go!? You had me worried sick" I question Harry glaring at him slightly as we began to walk back over to Gringotts. When we got back over to where the Weasley's and the Grangers were. Mr. Weasley seemed to be talking up a storm with them.

"So you're dentists! Fascinating! I understand other Muggles fear you? Why is that?" we hear Mr. Weasley ask them.

Mrs. Weasley looks over at us noticing our return along with Harry's "Oh, Harry. Thank goodness. We hoped you'd only gone one grate too far. Come now. We're off to Flourish and Blotts." She exclaims and starts to lead us off the steps.

"Isn't it thrilling! Gilderoy Lockhart's going to be there! We can meet him! I mean, he's written almost the whole booklist!" Hermione says, excitement in her voice.

I roll my eyes at the mention of Gilderoy Lockhart's name. I don't get why just about all the wizard girls fawn over him. Mrs. Weasley and Hermione dash off, I look over at Harry and see him frown. He looks over at me. "Who?" He asks me.

"You don't want to know." I respond with a sigh, then walking off to follow them.

_______________________________________________________________

Hope you enjoy.

vote

comment

share

lots of luv~ snowflake