Chapter 11

The first day of classes. To say I was nervous is putting it lightly. I found out I was one of the students in mixed house classes. I had class with the Slytherin house and the Gryffindor house. Well at least I have my friends in the class. I got to class a tiny bit early in fear of getting lost. I saw very few kids in the class. I sat down in the front. I got more nervous. ' what if no one sits next to me.'

Before I could think anymore someone took a seat next to me.  "Fancy seeing you here." I very familiar voice says to me.

I look to my left to see Draco. "Oh! Hi. yeah I got mixed classes instead of being stuck with all the Ravenclaws." I explain, with a side smile.

"Well I'm okay with that. That means we get to hang out more." Draco tells me.

More students pile into the class room. I see the girl from the train, Hermione, take a seat in the table next to mine to my right. I look over at her and give her a friendly smile. She looks at me then Draco, then looks away, no smile in return, which in turns makes me frown. I look towards the front.

~~

Half way through the class, all of us taking notes, Ron and Harry run in out of breath a bit, late. "Whew, amazing, can you imagine the look on old McGonagall's face if we were late?" Ron says to Harry, in a not to quite voice. I mentally face palm, oh are they going to get it. 

The Cat, that was on McGonagall's desk, jumps  and turns back into Professor McGonagall. Harry and Ron look amazed. "That was bloody brilliant." Ron tells her, still amazed.

"Thank you for that assessment, Mr.Weasley. Maybe if I were to transfigure Mr.Potter and yourself into a pocket-watch, maybe one of you would be on time." McGonagall says to them.

"We got Lost" Harry explains.

"Then perhaps a map? I trust you don't need one to find your seats." She tells them, and gestures to there seats.

They go and take there seats in the desk behind Hermione. She rolls her eyes at them. I look at them, Harry catches my eye and gives me a small wave, which I return, then looked back towards the front and continued to write my notes.

~~~

All of us were sitting in Potions class. Everyone was talking, I didn't particularly feel like talking. I remember what Uncle Sev told me. He's not as nice at Hogwarts as he is to me at home. I need to remember to call him Professor, not uncle or Sev.

I was in front with Draco. I would of sit with Harry, but Draco insisted that I sit with him. Harry sat behind me, though so I could still talk to him.

The door slams open, causing me to jump a bit, and Uncl- I mean Professor Snape comes walking in.

"There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to enjoy the subtle science and exact art that is potion making. However, for those select few," Snape pauses what he was saying and looks at Draco and I, causing me to smile, "who possess the predisposition, I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper on death." He pauses what he was saying once more, looking at someone behind me. "Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confidant enough to not...pay...attention" He says continuing to glare at who he was looking at. I turn my head to see it was Harry, who was not looking up but writing all of this down. Hermione nudges him, he finally looks up at Snape.

"Mr.Potter. Our...new...celebrity. Tell me, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" Snape asks Harry. Hermione's hand skyrockets. Harry shrugs. " You don't know? Well, let's try again. Where, Mr.Potter, would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar?" Hermione's hand shoots up again.

"I don't know, Sir." Harry responds.

"And what is the difference between Monkshood and Wolfbane?" He asks Harry, crossing his arms.

"I don't know, Sir." Harry responds, again.

"Pity. Clearly, fame isn't everything, is it, Mr. Potter?" Snape responds and walks over to his desk. I sigh, this is going to be a complicated class for Harry.

~~~

I sit in the great hall, lunch time. I see a lot of students working on homework. I'm sitting with Harry and Ron at the Gryffindor table, seeing as I wasn't able to talk to them much to them.

A boy, Seamus I think his name is, was trying a spell on a cup.

"Eye of rabbit, harp string hum. Turn this water, into rum." He looks in his cup and shakes his head, "Eye of rabbit, harp string hum..." He says again

"What's Seamus trying to do to that glass of water?" Harry asks both Ron and I. I shrug, not really knowing.

"Turn it into rum. Actually managed a weak tea yesterday, before..." Ron explains, before he was cut off.

ZAPOOF! The cup explodes in Seamus's face. There is laughter from some of the students. Suddenly, a flock of owls start coming into the hall from the rafters above.

"Ah. Mail's here!" Ron exclaims.

The owls soar by, dropping parcels to students. I notice that Harry didn't get anything, Neither did I. Harry looks over at the newspaper Ron has put down.

"Can I borrow this?" He asks Ron, Ron nods "Thanks."

"Hey, look! Neville's got a Remembrall!" Seamus says out loud causing us all to look at Neville.

"I've read about those. When the smoke turns red, it means you've forgotten something." I exclaim, amazed to see one in person. I notice that the smoke turns red.

"The only problem is, I can't remember what I've forgotten." Neville pouts.

"Hey, Ron, Rose,  somebody broke into Gringotts. Listen, 'Believed to be the work of dark witches or wizards unknown, Gringotts goblins, while acknowledging the breach, insist that nothing was taken. The vault in question, number 713, had in fact been emptied earlier that same day.' That's odd. That's the vault Hagrid and I went to." Harry tells us. '

"That is odd." I say.

____________________________________________________

Done!!!!!

yay, tell me what you think, sorry if its a little bland.

next up is their flying lesson!!

vote

comment

share

lots of luv ~ snowflake