Chapter 10

"RAVENCLAW!" The Sorting Hat shouts.

The hat is removed from my head. I get off the chair, and head to the cheering table that is Ravenclaw. I look at my friends. First I look at the Slytherin table that is to the left of my table, I look at Draco, and he seems a tiny bit disappointed, but gave me a sad smile. I know he's happy I'm not in Gryffindor otherwise our friendship might be harder. I then look at the Gryffindor table and see Harry looking at me seeming sad as well, but gives me a small smile.

I take my seat, and watch the rest of the sorting ceremony. I look at Uncle Sev at one point and he glances at me and gives me a light nod signalling that he's okay with the house I'm in.

 We hear a cup start dinging after the sorting, we all look and see McGonagall "Your attention, please." Says McGonagall, then gestures to Dumbledore.

Dumbledore stands from his seat, "Let the feast...begin." was all he says, he raises his arms and food appears all around the tables. Everyone seems to start talking, the first years in amazement. I could hear a lot of first years talk bout how the food appear out of no where. 

I looked around and see ghost start to appear, I remember reading about the ghost and talking to Uncle Sev about them. I see the Bloody Baron appear at the Slytherin table. I also see Sir Nicholas or Nearly Headless Nick as some call him, talking to some people at the Gryffindor table. I resume eating. I look around at the people at the Ravenclaw table, then I look back at my plate. 

After the feast, our head boy lead us to our dormitory. The Ravenclaws and The Gryffindors were heading in the same direction for awhile. I tried to find Harry and Ron, but I wasn't able to reach them before both our houses split apart. Our head boy stopped in front of the door to our common room. 

"Alright, first years. I hope you were paying attention. This was the way to your common room and dormitory. As you can notice, there is no door nob or lock. The door is enchanted. The Eagle will present you with a riddle, once you have solved it the door shall open for you. Understood.?" Head boy informs us all.

He turns to the door and grips the door knocker. He knocks on the door and waits. The Eagle on the knocker began the speak. "Feed me, and I'll Live, But Give me Water, and I'll Die..." The Eagle says.

The first years begin to murmur in thought. "Does anyone wanna take a guess at what it is.?" The head boy asks us.

All the first years stop talking. no one says anything. I start to think.. 

I raise my hand, The head boy looks at me "Go ahead." he tells me.

"A Fire." I say.

"Correct ." The Eagle says, and the door opens. I smile. 

We all enter the common room, "If you go up the stairs to the left are the girls dormitory and to the right are the boys. I advise you all to get unpack and get ready for tomorrow. You all get your schedules in the morning, and try not to be late to any of your classes. Some of you may be split with other houses, so be prepared to not always be with someone from your house. Good night." The head boy tells us then walks off to the dormitories.

All the first years separate from each other. some go sit in the lounging area, others head to there dormitory. I decide to head to the dormitory. I walk up the stairs and head to the girls dormitory. 

I walk past many room, looking for my name on the roommate list. I couldn't seem to find my name. The further i walk through the dormitories, the more nervous i got. What if i didn't have roommates? what if they didn't like me? 

I arrived to a dorm door with my name. I didn't see any other names on it. I open the door and see my Trunk at the foot at one of the beds. I walk up to the bed and see a note on my trunk. I pick it up, and read it.

 ~ We've notice the odd number of first years and and space for students with in the Ravenclaw dormitory. For at least this year, you'll have the dorm to yourself. If you have any problems with this decision, please contact either your head boy/girl or A Professor you wish to inform. ~

I finished reading and decided to head to bed. I changed into my Pj's and lay down. I look out the window and smile. Hogwarts. I'm finally here. I close my eyes, and drift off to sleep.

______________________________________________________

Another chapter done. next up is class.

are you guys shocked she's in Ravenclaw? I didn't want to put her in the obvious two houses, and Hufflepuff just isn't her house... 

anyway i hope you enjoy.

vote

comment

share

lots of luv ~ snowflake