Chapter Eleven

A dazed, and tired looking Ginny and Rose were going down the corridor. They have no knowledge of what they had just done. There hands literally stained with what had just happened. The quickly wash up, neither of them able to talk in their dazed state. By the time they get to the study session that was happening in the library, they had snapped out of their dazed states, and continued on as if nothing had every asspired in that corridor. 

-------------------------
Rose sat down next to her brother and across from Hermione, "What's with the grim look?" I ask Harry, seeing his less then cheerful look.

"Just, it's about what happened with the dueling club the other day." He says to me in a whisper tone.

"Oh, that. Right, I forgot about that." I admit, as I take out my potions homework.

"Yeah, Ron thinks I'm a parselmouth. Do you think you could be one as well?" Harry asks me, still in a whisper.

"Well, I understood what you were saying to the snake. But I haven't spoken anything like you." I admit quietly, avoiding his eyes.

I can sense him looking at me, "Wait, you can understand it. So, you have it to! Ron was telling me that the only other person who could do this was the founder of Slytherin house. They think that I'm... we're related to him somehow." Harry explains to me.

I look at him, confused "I don't think we are, though. Everyone would keep track of who the heirs of the houses are, someone would of told us by now if we truly were the heirs." I whisper to him.

"I guess you have a point." Harry says, looking back down at his work, I do the same and continue in silent through the study session.

A few minutes later, Harry abruptly leaves, saying nothing as to why. I watch as he leaves, then look over at Ron only for him to give me a shrug. It seems that it was bothering him more then he seemed to let on.

--------------------------

The holiday season came upon us, and people where getting ready to leave as the castle was covered in snow. I was with the twins trying to predict what we would possibly get for christmas. Harry, Ron, and Hermione walks towards us, catching Fred's attention. "Make way for the Heir of Slytherin! Seriously evil wizard coming through!" Fred announces jokingly as they pass by.

I hit his arm for him to stop, but Fred and George only laugh at his joke. "Oh come on that was funny." George says to me noticing I wasn't laughing along with them.

"No, it makes Harry uncomfortable. He's not the heir." I tell them as the laughter dies down.

"oh, we're only joking." they both say to me, but I only roll my eyes at them, half tempted to scold them more, but I know that would do nothing.

-----------------

By the time Christmas came around Hermione and I were able to finish the potion. The boys had decided that they would turn into Crabbe and Goyle and that Hermione would turn into Millicent Bulstrode. I decide to stay out of it, and just be back up incase something went wrong.

We stood in the girls bathroom were we had made the potion in it, the three of them wearing slytherin robes that they were able to get.

"I'm sure we've done everything right. It looks like the book said it should. Once we've drunk it, we'll have exactly one hour before we change back into ourselves." Hermione says looking into the cauldron.

"Now what?" Ron questions adjusting the robes.

"We separate it into three glasses and add the hairs." She tells them, handing me a cup. I begin to pour the potions into the 3 glasses, and Hermione passes them to the other two. All of them drop the hairs into the glasses. The potions change colors as the hair sinks in.

Ron cringes as it changes, "Ugh. Essence of Crabbe..." he says with slight disgust.

The three of them all look at one another, then drink at the same time. As Ron swallows, he immediately looks sick to his stomach, "Think I'm gonna be sick..." he says, dropping his cup and rushing to a stall.

Hermione follows his path, dropping the cup and, rushing off to a stall as well. Harry looks sick as well but doesn't run off. He looks at me concerned, then looks at his reflection in the mirror.

His face slowly starts to form into Goyle along with his body, until he's a splitting image of Goyle. "It worked." I say in relief.

Ron comes from the stall he had entered looking like Crabbe. "Harry?" He questions as he approaches us, still sounding like himself.

"Ron?" Harry asks in shock, also sounding like himself.

"Bloody hell." Ron says in disbelief

"We still sound like ourselves. You need to sound more like Crabbe." Harry tells Ron

"Bloody hell." Ron says, adjusting his voice to sound slightly different, but not really like Crabbe.

"Lower." I tell him, hoping that it might help

Ron nods, "Bloody hell." he says, slightly lower this time.

"Less intelligent." Harry tells him.

"Bloody hell." Ron says, still lower and slightly less intelligent.

"Excellent." Harry says to him.

"It should work." I add with a nod.

"Hey... Where's Hermione?" Ron brings up, making me realise she never left her stall.

"I -- I don't think I'm going. You go on without me." Hermione calls out to us from the stall

"Hermione, are you okay?" Ron questions.

"Just go, I'll be here with her. Go! You're wasting time." I tell the two of them, after a second they listen and run out of the bathroom.

"Hermione are you okay?" I ask her through the stall door.

"Something went wrong with my potion. I- I don't think I added the right hair to it." She admits to me from the stall.

"I'll look in the book to see if there's a way I can fix it." I tell her, rushing towards the book by the cauldron. I flip through the potions book for a long time, for some sort of quick reversal to the polyjuice potion, but I don't find anything.

"There's nothing in the book Hermione. You might have to go to the infirmary." I tell her sadly.

Before she could respond, Harry and Ron burst into the bathroom, looking like normal again. "That was close!" Ron sighs in relief, as I stand in surprise.

"Hermione, come out. We've got loads to tell you!" Harry says as he comes to my side.

"Go away!" Hermione shouts at them nervously from within her stall. Harry and Ron look at me confused as to why she yelled at them.

Before I could tell them to leave, moaning Myrtle appears before them, "Ooh, wait till you see. It's awful!" she tells them with a giggle.

The boys walk up to the stall, I follow them a few paces behind, the stall lock makes a noise and the door slowly opens."Do you remember me telling you the Polyjuice Potion was only for human transformations...?" Hermione explains to them, slowly turning around to face us.

Her face was covered in fur, her eyes were a striking yellow, and she had cat ears sticking out of her hair, "It was cat hair I plucked off Millicent Bulstrode robes! Look at my face!" she tells us embarrassed.

"Look at your tail!" Ron points out shocked. I smack the back of his head, he mutters an "ow" rubbing the back of head.

----------------------------------------

Days later, Ginny, dazed, is standing in the girls bathroom. She's overly tired. She's more aware that she's standing in the bathroom, but she doesn't understand why. The black leather book in her hand, she looks at it confused. She felt just how tired she was, this book... wasn't good for her... she needed to separate herself from it. She quickly looks towards the sinks, she turns on all the faucets to have them overflood. She set the book on the counter and backs away from it to leave. But she continued to stop herself as she kept staring at it, she grabs it in anger and throws it away from her then runs out of the bathroom.