Chapter Twelve

A few days after Hermione was released from the infirmary, Harry was telling us that he believes that Hagrid opened the Chamber over 50 years ago. We were walking around through the grounds all together as he told us this.

"It can't be Hagrid. It just can't be." Hermione says in disbelief.

"We don't even know this Riddle. He sounds like a dirty, rotten snitch to me." Ron says, referring to the book that magically showed Harry the past that they found int Myrtle's bathroom.

"The monster had killed someone, Ron. What would any of us done?" Harry argues back, not seeing anything weird about a BOOK showing him the PAST.

"Look. Hagrid's our friend. Why don't we just go ask him about it?" I say, trying to calm the tension that was obvious within the group, Hermione nods in agreement.

"That'd be a cheerful visit. 'Hullo, Hagrid. Tell us, have you been setting anything mad and  hairy loose in the castle lately?'" Ron says sarcastically. 

"Mad an' hairy? Wouldn' be talkin' 'bou me, now would yeh?" Hagrid's voice says from behind us, causing us to turn around and face him. Hagrid just grins at us, I instantly feel bad for even considering that this kind giant of a man could cause anyone harm, let alone kill someone. 

"No!" We all say to him rather quickly, causing Hagrid to look at us rather curiously.

Harry was quick to change the topic, and gestures to the canister that Hagrid was holding. "What's that you've got, Hagrid?" Harry asks him.

"Flesh-Eatin' Slug Repellent. Fer the Mandrakes, yeh know. Accordin' ter Professor Sprout, they still got a bit o' growin' up ter do, but once their acne clears up, we'll be able to chop 'em up, stew 'em, an' get those people in the hospital un-Petrified. 'Til then, you three best watch yerselves, all righ'?" Hagrid explains to us. We nod as he leaves us, and not much later Neville is running up to us looking quite pale.

"Harry, I don't know who did it, but... you'd better come." Neville says rushed and out of breath. We follow him all the way back the the Gryffindor common room, up to the boys dormitory only to see Harry's section of the room in a disaster, trunk and drawers were open and looked through and his bed was skewed around.

"It had to be a Gryffindor. Nobody else knows our password besides Rose. And she was with us the whole time. Unless, it wasn't a student..." Hermione speculates looking around the room.

"Well, whoever it was, they were looking for something." Ron says looking at the room in disbelief.

"And they found it... Tom Riddle's diary is gone." Harry explains after looking through the mess.

----------------------------------------------------

Rose was once again with Ginny, once again in a dazed headspace. Ginny had gotten the book back. Both of them doing its bidding, unaware of doing so. For a short time they had separated but were both following the voice in there head was saying. Rose, this time, was waiting near the library, waiting for action to take place so that she can leave and rejoin Ginny, and the book.

Not having to wait long, Hermione exited the library, in one hand she was holding a mirror, and her sight never leaving the reflection. Rose turns to leave, speaking parsletongue, knowing that the lone muggle born girl, was the next target. The small gasp that could be heard from across the quiet corridor, let Rose know the deed was done.

Rose meets back with Ginny near the quidditch pitch, both gingers were acting strange to those passing by, but for different reasons. Ginny was more jumpy and nervous, and Rose seemed more emotionless, neither in their normal cheerful ways. 

Not that anyone would question them about it. There was a quidditch game, Hufflepuff vs. Gryffindor. Two of the best seekers in the school against one another. Not that anyone would actually get to watch that game today, the teachers were quick to cancel it after Madam Pince had found the petrified Hermione.

That night, all the students were told to go to there common room for their safety, and all the students listened to this new rule, except for the two ginger girls. They were listening to the book, no Tom Riddle, and teachers realised this, deeming them missing and stolen by the heir of Slytherin.

Ron and Harry, who had been able to sneak around, found many of the teachers standing by another wall that had been once again left with a message on it. "As you can see, the Heir of Slytherin has left another message. Our worst fear has been realized. Students have been taken by the monster. Into the Chamber itself." Professor McGonagall begins to explain causing many of the teachers to tense. "I'm afraid we shall have to send the students home. I'm afraid... this is the end of Hogwarts." She tells the other staff members sadly.

Ron and Harry seemed worried on who the possible students could of been who had been taken. The tense mood was awkwardly broken by the late to the group, Lockhart, "So sorry. Dozed off. What have I missed?" He says a bit to cheerfully for the groups mood.

"Just the man. Two girls have been snatched by the monster, Lockhart. Your moment has come at last." Snape tells the cheerful professor a bit annoyed.

"My m-moment?" Lockhart questions rather unsure of what he ment.

"Weren't you saying just last night that you've known all along where the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets is?" Snape asks Lockhart, hoping to catch him in a lie.

But Lockhart didn't want to confirm or deny what he had admitted that, "D-did I? I don't recall..." he says, a bit unsure.

"That settles it. We'll leave it to you to deal with the monster, Gilderoy. Your skills, after all, are legend." McGonagall adds on, a part of her hoping that he did in fact find the chamber.

"V-very well. I'll -- I'll be in my office, getting -- getting ready." Lockhart says a bit shakingly, yet trying to remain optimistic.

"The rest of us should go and inform the students what has happened." McGonagall addresses the other staff members.

"Who is it the monster's taken, Minerva?" Sprout questions, rather concerned about the students.

With a heavy sigh, McGonagall gives the staff a sad look, "Ginny Weasley, And Rose Evans." she tells them, Snape looks at the ground angrly that he wasn't able to keep his promise to keep Rose safe.

Ron nearly fell to his knees when he hears this, Harry was shocked but was able to help Ron stay standing. Both their sisters were missing in the Chamber of Secrets, a place no one knew the entrance too. No one, except the ego filled Professor Lockhart, apparently.

Once the Professors had left, it allowed the two boys to read what was written on the wall,

'Her skeleton will lie in the Chamber forever. And the others power will be mine.'

______________
1184 words

I hope you all enjoy! I've been working hard to write all the other books for this series!

Vote

Comment

Share

Lots of luv~ snowflake

Stay safe!!