Chapter Six

As I walked home I noticed the trees started changing into beautiful fall colours. Leaves started falling. Fall was my favourite, it was end of October now. Three months in school already. I hated being in school. I had no friends. Only one.

I never took the bus home because I hated everyone on the bus. They weren't nice to me. But that's okay. I'd rather walk home. It only took about twenty to twenty five minutes. I turned and walked down my street until I hit my house. It was a cute little two story blue house. It was old but didn't look old. I walked up the stairs and pulled out my key and unlocked the door. I walked in and heard my father yelling. I let out a sigh and put my bag down.

I walked into the kitchen and he was yelling at someone on the phone. "Listen up, Kevin! No fuck you! Shut the fuck up and listen! You know what? Fine! Fuck you too, Kevin!" He hit end angrily.

"Hi, dad." I said. I didn't want him to get pissed at me so that's all I said.

"Serena. How was school?" He sat down and looked at me. My dad didn't know anything about my school life. He didn't know I walked home. He didn't know I was some what smart. He probably didn't care.

"It was okay. Are you hungry?" I did a lot of cooking. I had to. I mean my dad was my dad and he worried about other things.

"No. I have to leave soon. You eat." He got up and left the kitchen. I didn't want to cook, I didn't want to live here anymore. I didn't want him to be mad at me. I knew he secretly hated me. It was all my fault. He lost my mother because of me. I don't blame her for leaving or dad for hating me.

I grabbed a box of cereal and sat at the table and ate it from the box. I heard my father's loud footsteps coming down the stairs. "See you tomorrow, Serena. Do your homework and get to be early." He said before leaving.

"I love you, Daddy." I whispered and a tear fell down my face. I got up and locked the doors. I went to my room and locked my door. I sat on my bed and looked around my room. It was a pretty purple color. It was small but it was my room since birth. It was my safe place. My drawings were around my room.

I got up and opened my closet and grabbed a pair of sweat pants and a sweater and put them on. I grabbed my stash of paper hidden in my closet. I sat on my bed and started drawing.

At about nine I put my drawings in my little binder and hid them. I turned out the light and fell asleep.

Six is when it all started. Six is when I hears them. Six is when my life turned to even more crap. Six is when I finally lost everything.

I got up to knocking downstairs. I ran down the stairs and opened the door. A tall man and a woman stood there. One in a suit the other in dress pants, blouse and dress jacket. Detectives.

"Are you Serena? I'm detective Joel and this is my partner Lana." The tall man told me.

"Yeah, I'm Serena." I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and looked at them.

"Your father was murdered," Lana tod me. "We're doing everything we can to find the person who murdered him."

Tears fell down my face. "Murdered?!" I screamed. I had no one. I had no mother...No father...No family...I was alone...

"Please calm down, we will find them and make sure he are locked up for along time."

"I-I need to go to school. I have to get ready." I told them.

"Someone with me here waiting for you after school to take you to your foster home for the night."

"Okay." Once they left I ran to my room and packed my clothes and put my binder of drawings in my bag. I grabbed all my school stuff and put it in my bag. I went around the house and grabbed everything I could sell easy and all the money that was in the house and the money in my dad's safe. I took it and ran.