Chapter Twenty Seven

It's been a few weeks since Christmas now, since I slept with my husband. I had been sleeping in Jason's room still, he hadn't told me to leave yet. But I probably should. I didn't want to seem clingy.

I mean I've been sleeping in his bed for the past three weeks, we don't even have sex every night. But when we do it's so good, it got better each time. Jason was gentle with me, it actually surprised me how gentle he was. He was this tall guy with a great body. I thought you would have crushed me during sex.

My small frame is nothing compared to him. I knew I loved Jason, I really did. These past few weeks have been so different, it felt so good. But I knew it would end shortly. I got married in...July, five months ago. Seven months left of my marriage. A lot of things could happen in those seven months....

I was brought out of my thought when a shopping bag was thrown at me. I looked up and seen Jason. He had his arms crossed as he looked at me. I looked down at the bag and seen chocolates. "Thanks."

"They aren't from me." My face dropped a little, he was back to being his rude asshole self. What a fucking surprise!

"What's your fucking problem, Jason?!" I was sick of his bullshìt.

"My füćking problem? What's yours?!"

I just started at him. What was he even talking about? I didn't do anything wrong. I've done every single thing he's asked of me. "I don't have a problem."

"When are you going to take those stupid pregnancy tests?"

This is what that's about?! I'm not the one who forgot to use a condom!

I got up and stormed into the bathroom. I opened up the box and peed on the damn stick. I was so pissed off with him.

After three minute I looked at it, picked it up then went back and threw it at Jason. "Congratulations!"

Jason's face was horrified.

His eyes scanned the pregnant test.

"You aren't a father!"

"Good! I don't want a kid with you anyway!" Jason left with that.

My chest ached. Why should I be surprised by him? He was just using me for sex anyway. I have no right to be upset about this. This is what I signed up for. Stop being a baby, Serena! I told myself.

I felt relieved when the front door slammed and I heard Jason leave. I went to his room and got all my stuff and put it back in my room, it's going back to how it was before because I'm not doing this with him. I'll stay out of his way for the rest of the seven months I'm married to him.

My phone dinged, it was Heather. She was texting me? I haven't heard from her in forever.

Heather: Coming over to help you get ready for the party tonight

Party? Oh great another event with my oh so loving husband!

A bit later Heather was in my bedroom. "Hey," I smiled at her.

"Hi, so you're going to the party for Jason officially taking over all the companies."

Oh, he didn't even tell me that. Well I'm glad this whole marriage plan worked out for him. "Is his dad stepping down?"

"Yeah, he and Lisa are going to go vacation for a few months."

I nodded and let Heather do her thing.

Who was I? I mean things are so different. To Jason I'll always be the poor pathetic girl he used to get his father to give him the company.

I feel like I've changed, once I'm divorced I'll be closing my heart off and moving to another state. I don't need to be here and hearing about my ex husband, do I? Do I need to be hear to be called a whore? Of course the media would find out where I lived and in the papers and tv shows they would call me the whore who married Jason Manning for money. Even if they didn't know about our deal that's what I'd be known as.