Chapter Thirty

•Wow! Thirty chapters have been written of this book! Amazing! Hope you enjoy this chapter! Thank you so much for reading my book!

Serena POV:

The cold freeze flowed through my bedroom only to wake me up. I sat up swearing, I had forgotten to close that damn window last night. The blankets were now wrapped tightly around me as I got up and shut the window. I sniffled a little. Shīt. I hope I won't catch a cold now.

Stretching, I made my way to my bathroom and plaster water on my face. My hand went for the medicine carbonate and grabbed the bottle of prenatal vitamins and took the amount I was supposed to. After I set it back on it's shelf and ran my hand over my developing baby bump.

In only a week and a half if finding out I was pregnant I had started to notice this tiny bump growing. My baby. My little tiny baby was growing inside of me, a single cell had turned into my baby. My child.

It was so unreal to me that I was going to be a mother. I was carrying a Manning heir. But my baby will never know. I wanted to do this on my own. Jason didn't deserve to be stuck this me, the unwanted wife, any longer. He didn't deserve to be stuck with our child either.

I was incredibly happy actually, I would have another person to love. A child.

So many things would be changing for me. I didn't know if I would be able to adjust to all of it. It was defiantly hard to say, but I knew I would love my baby so much. I may not think greatly of my husband - soon to be ex husband - but he did give me this child, and I was greatfull for that; even if he didn't know I was or that he was a father.

I met with a lawyer to send Jason divorce papers. While I was doing so, I made sure to not include my current address or tell anyone where I was living. The only thing Jason had that connected him to me was my cell phone number.

My phone started to buzz. Jason.

Hesitant, I picked up my phone and answered it. "Hello?"

"Really? Divorce papers? This is bullshít! You signed a füćking contract!" Jason yelled through the phone.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, "Do not yell at me."

A minute passed until I heard Jason's voice again. It was calm now, "Why? Why a divorce? You know we haven't been married for a year."

"Because it's for the best." I told him.

"For the best? You're my god dam wife, I need you for events!"

For a moment I tried to picture if he didn't say for events.

"I'm so-"

"Don't even say you're sorry, Serena! We made a deal! A signed füćking contract! Remember that?! Well I'll have someone drop it off to you! Because it fučking states that there will not be a divorce until a year of marriage!"

"The law is that we can get divorced after six month if we have had sex, and guess what, Jason, we have. In our contract it says we won't sleep together, but we have; breaking the contract and so the whole no divorce into a year after marriage does not apply right now." I told him, proud of myself for my response.

"You think this is funny?! I'll ruin you, Serena. I'm so sick of women being like this." I didn't reply. "I'm sorry, Serena."

I closed my eyes and pictures how amazing our life could have been together if we met on our own, if we fell in love, if we got married on our own. "No. Sign the papers, Jason. Goodbye." I told him and hung up my phone.