Chapter Seventeen

Wedding chapter!

The day of the wedding:

I haven't seen Jason since yesterday morning. I don't even know if he was coming to the wedding.

Would he really miss this? This whole thing was his idea. Not mine.

"Oh, Serena, you look lovely!" Lisa grinned at me, snapping me out of my thoughts about my husband-to-be. Would I be known as that silly girl left at the alter? Maybe.

I started back at myself in the mirror; my hair and make up was done. I agree with Lisa. I looked pretty. "Okay! Time to get in the dress!" Lauren told me. Right, my beautiful Vera Wang dress.

The short silk white robe to the floor, a white corset remained on my body: hugging the curves I have. I stepped into the dress and pulled it up, Lauren zipped the back up for me and put the veil in my hair. "You look so perfect, S." She whispered, "Maybe Jason will fall for you."

The smile on my face was not what from she said but from how I looked. I felt like...like a bride. "Jason's jaw will drop, you look beautiful." Reese told me as she rubbed her stomach. "He's lucky to have you. I'm glad you'll be my sister-in-law. I always wanted a sister, but ended up with two annoying brothers."

"Reese!" Lisa growled.

"Hey! I'm saying the truth."

"Mhm," Lisa rolled her eyes and turned all her attention back to me. The love and pride in her eyes was powerful, beautiful, and strong. Even though I haven't known her for long; I felt like I've known her for a thousand years. She made me feel loved and happy. She made me feel like I finally had a mother...

"Are you excited?" Lauren asked. Was I? I was marrying some arrogant asswhole who didn't love me, and I didn't love him.

"Yes," I replied simply with a large smile. I grabbed a pair of diamond ears and put them on.

I sat down, feeling a little nervous. I had no family here, I had Lauren. She was like family though. I had no one to walk me down the aisle, no one to give me away, no one to say their final I love you to me before I become someone's wife. Someone's wife.

Today I'll become Serena Manning, wife of Billionaire Jason Manning. I don't know how to feel about that, or even what to think about that.

"Serena? Ben has offered to walk you down the aisle."

I looked at Lisa and smiled. "I'd like that. Thank you." That was sweet of Ben, it really was. I'm glad I was marrying into this family, even if Jason was horrible. His family was sweet.

"Ben texted and said everything's starting, we'll see you after." Lisa kissed my cheek and left with Reese and Lauren. I was left alone, all I wanted to do was think. Think about what tomorrow will be like and what this next year will be like.

How bad will Jason hurt me? How much will I cry? Will I be able to even trust a man after this year? I was being stupid thinking about all this, I've realized how stupid I am to have taken this deal. This is my fault, I was regretting everything. I couldn't cry! They would know I've been crying. Everyone would know.

The door opened. "Mr. Manning," I smiled.

"It's Ben, honey. You look beautiful. Jason's lucky." Ben offered me his arms, I accepted with a smile. He walked me down to the doors leading into the ceremony. I held on to Ben's arm as we walked through the large wooden doors as music played. I looked down the aisle and found Jason standing at the end with a smile on his face, he was wearing an expensive black tux. He looked hot, of course.