Chapter Thirty One

It was a early Saturday morning when I heard loud knocking that had to be coming from my front door. Now, who the hell would want to see me right now? Or want to see me at all. And who the hell wanted to wake up a pregnant woman on a freaking Saturday morning?!

My feet hit the floor once I swung my legs over the bed and grabbed my thin robe and slid in on myself. I didn't even bother trying to tie it, I had clothes under it, it was just to keep me warm, plus my baby bump made it hard to wear some of my clothes. I think I'll really have to invest in something maternity clothing.

I went to door, unlocked it then opened it. Jason stood there drenched it in rain. How did he find me? Why is he here? I pulled clothes the thin robe in hopes of hiding my baby bump, what a dumb idea, Serena!

"Serena." Jason spoke and stood up straight.

Formal as always, huh. Well I sure didn't have to let him in nor did I plan on doing so; no matter how bad the rain is out there.

I crossed my arms and just started at him. His visit just made me so fuckīng happy!

"What the fūck are you doing here, Jason?" I hissed at him.

Jason looked at me and crossed his arms. "I'm here to see you of course."

I let out a laugh. "Really? I find the quite hard to believe."

"Is that so? I find it hard to believe you'd keep my own child from me." His eyes travelled to my bump. "That's my child too," his voice softened. "My unborn baby."

"Jason, you need to leave." I protectively put my hand on my belly. I leaflet bad for doing this, pushing him away, divorcing him. But I had to, I just had to. It was best for us, all three of us. I knew that and one day I hope he'll see it was best for us three too.

"Don't Do this. I'll take you to court, Serena." He warned.

"He wouldn't possibly do that. Our marriage was a fake, if you took me to court, the press would find out. And then your parents, siblings, your family and soon; the whole world. You'd be called many things, Jason, many many things. I do not wish this. I really don't. I just want what is best for the baby. I'm always looking out for her best interest now. And this is in her best interest, she will be better off without you. You'd only be around because you feel guilty." I felt a bit bad for saying all the bad I really needed to get my point across. And if saying things like that did it, then good. He needed to understand and accept it.

"Her?" He asked. "Its a girl? I'm having a daughter?" That was all he got out of that?

Why did I have to even talk??

I would have been fine without him knowing we were having a girl- I was having a girl. But no, my damn mouth just talks on its own.

My eyes went to the ground as I avoided looking at Jason. I was feeling guilty, but why? He was such an asshole for so long, so so long. But he's the asshole that I loved.

When I looked back up at him he was staring at my bump.

"Give me some time. Please." I begged. "Let me process everything. You need to process everything that's going on. That you're going to be a father. So can you give me a few days? Please?"

Jason looked back at me and sighed. "I've already missed so much, Serena. I've missed a lot, too much. I know I'm an ass. I know that. But I want to be in our daughter's life. I want that more then anything." He pleaded with me.

I felt even worse. He had missed a lot. He should be in our daughters life.

"A couple days. Please, Jason. I promise I'll call you."

He nodded. "Could I...Could I feel your stomach?"

His question caught me off guard and shocked me. I slowly nodded and his hand went on my bump.

The baby kicked. A small smile spread across his face then he slowly took his hand off my stomach.

He leaned in close to my ear and whispered, "For What it's worth, I love you."  He said Then left.

I stood their in shock.

~Short chapter, I'm so sorry and I've been so busy. Forgive me! Big things happened in this chapter! SO AFTER THIRTY ONE FREAKING CHAPTER JASON ADMITS HE LOVES SERENA!!!!!!
I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Vote, Comment, Share, Follow!

💋