Chapter Twenty Nine

"So you'll know from the blood test what's wrong with me?" I asked the doctor that I was sitting in front of. This morning I got up early and came to the hospital to see what was wrong with me. I just couldn't understand why I felt so sick and really just not feeling good.

"Yes, I'll be back when the blood tests have came in." He told me then left the room.

While I waited I opened up some gossip magazine and seen pictures of Jason and I from the party a couple nights ago. I never in my whole life thought I would be in one of these magazines. I never ever thought it would happen but here I am holding one with myself in it. It was such a strange feelings.

I went from have nothing and being a nobody to being a billionaire's wife and having money. It was all so crazy to me.

When the doctor came back into the room I put the magazine down and looked at him. "What's wrong with me?" I asked, frightened of him answer.

"Oh there's nothing wrong with you, Serena." He gave me a smile.

"Then why am I feeling this way?"

"You're pregnant. Congratulations."

I felt sick to my stomach just then, I-I was pregnant. I was going to be a mother... Jason was going to be a father....

I ran to the bathroom and threw up.  Once I cleaned myself back up I went out back to the doctor.

"Are you alright?"

"N-Yes. Thank you, Doctor." I quickly grabbed my jacket and bag and bolted out of the hospital.

When we were driving back to the house I felt so sick. How would I break it to Jason? Could I even tell him? Would he make me get rid of our child?

My hand went over my stomach, our child, my child. I was having a baby. I was carrying a tiny life inside of me. I couldn't believe it.

"Mrs. Manning, we're back."

"Thank you." I got out of the car and went inside.

"Jason?" I called for him but I didn't get an answer. What should I do? I don't think I should stay, I couldn't. Staying would mean Jason he would eventually find out, with only seven months left of my marriage to him my belly would be sure to pop up very soon, the earliest it would pop would be about three months.

Jason would lose it if he finds out I'm pregnant, he doesn't want kids. Like he says, not from me or anyone else.

My mind was made, I grabbed a pen and paper and started to write him a note:

Jason,

        If you haven't noticed, I've left you. I'm sorry to do with but we were both unhappy, why be in a relationship if we're both unhappy. Oh wait, the contract. Don't worry about that, don't pay me anything and whatever I owe you or anything just send me a bill or something. I'm sorry, Jason, but honestly, this is for the best. I hope you find someone one day. Don't look for me.

Sincerely,
Serena.

Once I set the pen down I realized tears had been pouring down my face. I knew I was in love with Jason but we wouldn't stay together after these seven months, I knew that and I've accepted that.

Looking down at my left hand I seen the beautiful rings Jason had given me. It saddened me to take them off but I did and sat them with my note, then my bank and credit cards then my house keys, and my phone he had given me.

I ran up to my room and packed a bag super quick. I let the house with only my suit case, once I had walked far enough away from the house I seen a bus stop and sat down on the bench: tired out.