Chapter 3

Charlie's POV:
I walked up to the beach with Shawn by my side and smiled at the waves crashing in the ocean. Today, Shawn and I decided to learn how to surf on our day off. I sling my drawstring bag over my shoulder and we walk over to the instructor and get to work. The male instructor teaches us how to get our surfboard ready and then shows us how to stand on it. We practice a few times trying to get off our stomachs and onto our feet. Finally, we head into the ocean. A few hours later I am surfing pretty good and able to stay on my board 6/10 times. I swim back to shore, exhausted.

"Hey bro! I'm going to get something to eat!" I holler to Shawn. He nods and gave me a thumbs up waiting for a wave. I set my surfboard down on the sand and walked to the boardwalk. As I pass an ice cream stand, I stop in my tracks when I see a woman with a young girl. The woman looks exactly like one person, Meghan Trainor. Her newly died fiery red hair was curled loosely and her figure was as perfect as ever. I watched as she gave the little girl ice cream and I backed up when they started walking to the beach. I walked behind them, careful to keep my distance and watched them sit down. I sat down by the fence cutting the sand off from the boardwalk and watched them. Meghan licks the little girl's ice cream and then gives it back. The little girl finishes it and runs to the sand and starts collecting shells and bringing them to Meghan. Meghan holds her hand once and says something to her and then the girl runs back to the sand.
I see Jordon walk past me and up to Meghan. She calls to the little girl and she comes running up to Meghan. The little girl smiles at her and gives her a hug. Who the heck is the girl? I think to myself. Is it her neighbor or a girl she's babysitting? Or is she family? Jordon sits down next to Meghan and starts talking with her. I can't help but wonder who the little girl is. I want to walk up to her but Meghan pulls out her phone and I decide against it. I have to do it, though. I start to stand up but then sit back down remembering our fight. She probably won't talk to me but with that girl there she might want to be an example and talk. Or will she? The little girl continues collecting shells with another girl and I remember Shawn and why I left beach in the first place. Meghan first, Charlie. Don't make the same mistake again. I think to myself. I sigh and get up from the sand and make my way to the group.