Chapter 29

Meghan's POV:
As we leave the restaurant and on the way home, I try to think about what I am going to say to Charlie. Theo opens the door for me and I slide into my seat. He opens his door and gets in the driver's seat. He starts the car and I lean my head against the window. When we are down the road, Theo moves his right arm and tries to connect his hand with mine. I move my arm away and Theo sighs. We pull into my driveway and I see Charlie walk out. Except, Theo gets out. I mentally curse myself and get out too. Charlie gives me a confused look and storms back in.

"Uh oh. Baby Daddy's mad." Theo says. I turn and give him a 'really?' look and walk inside.

"I love you too!" Theo calls. I climb the staircase and find Charlie in my room. God, I hope Marlie is asleep. This is about to get ugly.

"What the hell!" Charlie hisses at me. I motioned for him to quiet down and shut my bedroom door.

"You can't just fuck me and lead me on and carry on dating another guy like some kind of slut!" He shout-whispered at me. I shook my head and sat on my bed.

"Explain that, slut" he spat. I felt my body tense and a sob threatening to burst.

"Charlie don't-"

"Don't what, Meghan?" He yelled. I shrinked back and closed my eyes. I have never been scared of Charlie before. Pissed off, sure, but never scared.

"You tell me, 'I'll break up with him Charlie, I promise I will!' Oh my God, what I a fool I have been. What do you call that? Oh yeah. Bullshit." He spits. At this point, tears were falling from my eyes so fast I couldn't see and the pain in my heart spread throughout my body like wildfire.

"Why?" He asks, his voice softer and filled with sadness.

"B- Because I c- can't trust you." I muttered. He looks up and his eyebrows furrow,

"You can't..... trust me?" He says slowly. I shake my head lightly.

"When have I ever given you a reason to not trust me?!" He roared again, and suddenly, I felt anger flood through me too. Why does he get to be angry and I just have to sit there and take it?

"Because, Charlie!" I shouted and he looked taken aback for a second, before back to being angry.

"Because whenever I love you, you cheat!"

"It was one time!"

"Would you let me finish?" I scream and he was silent.

"Because no matter what you tell me, there's something you're not. Because earlier today, you left like nothing happened between us. Jeez, not like we'd just had sex or anything! You just got up, got dressed and got out. That hurt, Charlie! It hurt a lot! Maybe I didn't break up with Theo because he doesn't do those things, maybe it's you I need to break up with-" I was cut off by a sob knotting in my throat and Charlie's crestfallen face. I need to carry on. I look at the ring on my finger and flare up again,

"And! Theo actually proposed! He decided he was done with flirting and dating and all the insecurity that it has and proposed! He made it final, he made it real." Charlie's expression crumbled off his face and he shakes his head in disbelief. He backs up to a wall and slides down it slowly while pulling at his hair.