Chapter 20

Meghan's POV:
I wake up to a wet substance under my face. My body is surrounded by my fluffy comforter and my hands clench at it. I release my hold and realize I cried myself to sleep last night. I sit up and feel dizzy from dehydration. I manage to get up and walk over to my bathroom, stumbling over my own feet. When I walk in I immediately head for my shower and turn it on and step in. The cold water hits my clothes, soaking them and levels my head. I close my eyes and tilt my head back taking in the feeling. A few minutes later, the water heats up and I peel my clothing away from my body and drop it outside the door. The water runs down my back, releasing the pressure as it goes. I go to reach for my soap and open the cap. I put some into my hand and don't recognize my normal girly scent. Instead, it smells like.... Charlie's. I look at the bottle and see Charlie's awful handwriting spelling out his name. I feel my eyes start to sting again and my back slides down the shower wall. I sit on the floor of my shower letting the water pound on my skin. I lift my hands to my nose and take in his wonderful scent that always made me feel safe. Why did I have to use it today? I remember trying to throw it away but every time I would touch it, I would break down into tears. It was never a problem until today. I would see it and feel nothing. But today for some awful reason, I tok his soap. I start to cry and sit there motionless. I'm such an awful person. I won't let him move on. He can't. I want the best for him until that person comes, well, I'm not really sure what I might do anymore. I guess deep down, I still love him. I love his crazy, wild, auburn hair and his eyes that you could look at for hours. His scent and embrace making everything about him 10 times better. When I open my ryes again I notice that the liquid is no longer in my hands but swimming towards the drain. I guess my life is now a bunch of similes and metaphors because that sure seems like our love. Going down the drain because I let go. He's probably not even upset anymore he has a date with that girl he apparently 'met' when he was supposed to be watching Marlie. Thank God, I have Jordon though. I manage to stand back up and wash everything and turn the water off. I step out into the freezing air and run to my carpet. I plop down on my bed and sigh. I made plans with Theo today and I have to keep them. I reluctantly stand back up and dry off my body. I wrap the towel around me when I'm finished, and head over to my closet. I pick out a casual, yet formal, outfit and put it on.

I check the time on my phone and smile that I still have over an hour to do my hair and makeup

I check the time on my phone and smile that I still have over an hour to do my hair and makeup. I head into the bathroom and get started.