Chapter 40

Charlie's POV:
"Charlie........ Charlie........" Someone whispers waking me up. Golden light hits my eyes briefly and a blonde beauty moves into it so it's out of my eyes. Meghan moves slightly to where she is directly above me.

"Hey baby." Meghan whispers.

"Meghan- your hair?" I ask. She giggles and runs a hand through my own hair.

"I like- no, I love- your hair too." She giggles. Meghan crouches on my lap and I sit up in bed.

"What time is it?" I ask while rubbing my eyes.

"Not very early..... but I wanted to show you something." She giggles again.

"Okay? Uh, what did you want to show me?" I ask. She smiles and holds out her palms. I give her a questioning look and she rolls her eyes.

"Charlie... put your hands on top of mine." She whines. I chuckle and gently place my hands on top of hers. She turns my palms downwards and pulls them towards her. She places them on each side of her stomach and places her hands on top of mine. She smiles and then I feel something tap on my palms. I look up at Meghan and she is smiling wide.

"The baby kicked! I woke up because at first it hurt but then it got softer and I really wanted to show you!" She squeals. I give a small smile. What the fuck? Meghan's pregnant... since when? I think.

"Uh Meggie?" I ask.

"Hmmm?" She asks, not looking away from her stomach.

"This might be a weird question, but, what baby?" I ask. She looks up at me and leans her head to the side.

"Our baby girl silly!" She smiles.

"W-What?"

"Our eight month old, baby girl." She says and gives me a worried glance.

"Are you okay Charlie? Are you sick? Did you not breathe while you were sleeping and now you have memory loss or something?" She asks and presses her warm hand on my forehead. I shake my head and lay back down.

"Yesterday we were getting married. All our family and friends were there and- our daughter Marlie!" I say realizing something.

"What? Charlie you're scaring me. We got married two years ago and that's a nice name for our daughter but she wasn't at our wedding." She says.

"No she wasn't at this wedding because this is a dream."

"What? Charlie, please don't say that. I'm real!" She says frowning. I sit up and grab her hands.

"No Meggie you aren't. Well you are but you aren't. You see this is a dream- my perfect fantasy. Where we actually got married and I got you pregnant at our honeymoon. In this dream, I didn't cheat on you with Hailee because we went on promo together. And then we came back and you told me you were pregnant. That explains why your hair is blonde, not red; I like your hair blonde." I say and squeeze her hands. Meghan's eyes are puffy and tears are streaming down her face.

"Ch-Ch-Charlie. I'mmm r-real." She whispers.

"An-And you're sca-scarring me." She cries.