Chapter 28

Charlie's POV:
I turn over and lay next to Meghan, trying to steady my breathing.

"Did we just-" She asks.

"Mhmm." I mumble.

"And it felt-"

"Yeah." I smile.

"Where is Marlie, by the way?" I ask and look around. God I hope she didn't hear us.

"She's at a slumber party. One of her classmates invited all the girls in her class to go."

"What were you so stressed about that you needed to cuddle?" I ask, turning to face her.

"Umm." She says and turns her body so she is facing away from me.

"Hey! Really what was it?"

"IhavetogoonanotherdatewithTheoandIagreedtoitbutIdon'twanttogo." She mumbles.

"English?"

"It's Theo."

"What about him?"

"We're going on another date tonight."

"What?!" I yell. I feel my heart clench and my body heat up.

"Char-"

"You said you would break up with him!" I yell.

"Yes and I wasn't able to last night. Charlie, I promise I will break up with him tonight, I promise I will!"

"Kay." I reply. I need to get out. This is too much. I need to get away and clear my mind. I pick up my onesie from the floor and zip it back up. I grab my phone and open the door,

"Charlie?" Meghan squeaks.

"I need to go." I say and slam the door.

Meghan's POV:
The door slams and I feel the sob in my throat come up. I can't hold it back any longer and it comes out. Tears start pouring out of my eyes at an alarming rate and my body is shaking. I grab my blanket and wrap it around my naked body. My chest clenches and I feel like I can't breathe. I run into the bathroom and grab my ventilator. I put it up to my face and try taking deep breaths. Slowly, I mange to stop crying and calm down. I gather enough strength to pick my limp body off the floor and head into my closet. I pick up a simple black dress that shows way to much cleavage for a single mother but perfect for a 'I'm breaking up with you and I'm a strong b***h' look. I throw my black heels on and decide to do my makeup. I put my hair into a half up-half down style and decide to go with a dark smokey eye. I finish up and head downstairs. At the front door I see Theo smiling with a handful of red roses in hand. I smile slightly and take them.

"You look amazing, babe. Ready for our date?" Theo says. I simply nod and follow him out to his car. We buckle in and head to our destination. When we arrive, valet takes his car and parks it for us. When I step out, I take his hand and gaze at the building in front of us. It's a huge skyscraper and the top of it is circular and spinning? Oh my God, the top of the building is spinning! That is so cool! Theo takes my hand and interlocks it with his. We step into the warm building and ushered to an elevator. When we step off, we go up a flight of stairs and step onto a spinning platform. The circular restaurant is beautifully decorated with lights and white tablecloths. We are lead to a a table and seated. A waiter comes and hands us drinks.

"Um miss?"

"Yes mam?" She asks comes towards me.

"We haven't-"

"-Meghan, it's okay. I ordered everything already." Theo says and smiles. I give him a questioning look and he smiles,

"Your favorite drink, salad, breadsticks, and a cheese pizza."

"Ohhhh.... Okay then." I reply and hand my menu over. Theo smiles and takes my hand into his and lightly rubs it. I give a small smile and soon our appetizers arrive. I grab some salad from the bowl and mess with the lettuce with my fork. How could Charlie just up and leave like that? Does he seriously hate me that much? But why we would have sex then? Or why would he have even tried to back with me in the first place? All my thoughts are running through my head when all of a sudden, Theo speaks.

"Meghan, have a breadstick."

"Oh, no thanks. I'll wait for the pizza." I smile slightly.

"No, seriously try one. These things are amazing!" He says gleefully and hands me one. I take one and a shiny object hits my eye. I look closer at it and my mouth hangs open. I look at Theo and then back to the ring and back to Theo. He smiles and comes to the side of the table. He gets down on one knee and I shake my head. Everyone nearby turns and smiles.

"Meghan....."

"Yeah?"

"Meghan Elizabeth Trainor, I love you. And I cannot go another day without having the plan to call you mine forever. I love you; your quirks and flaws, your jokes, and even your daughter. Meghan, will you marry me?" He asks. I start freaking out and shake my head.

"I-I-I can't!"

"Why? Meghan I love you!"

"You haven't even met my brothers Theo! They'll never let me without meeting you!"

"I can after the wedding. Listen just wear the ring, see how it looks and feels, and then tell me, please." He says. I simply nod and give up. He is not going to let this blow over. He slips the ring on my finger and everyone in the restaurant claps and hoots. He sits back down and I continue my meal.