Chapter 38 [Merry Christmas!]

Meghan's POV:
"Wait. What? Charlie, isn't that your lawyer?" I ask. Charlie nods and gulps.

"Y-Yeah." He stutters. I signal Ryan to go get him and he nods. Ryan goes over to the barrier and tells the security officer to let him through and leads him up the isle. I see all our friends and families start to worry and my stomach does backflips.

"Hello Mr. Puth." Mr. Hindenburg says calmly.

"And Ms. Trainor." He says looking at me and then back to Charlie.

"Can we speak somewhere more.... private?" He asks.

"Sir, we are trying to get married here. Is it that urgent?" I ask. He nods and Charlie's face turns pale.

"Yes, right this way. Let's go to the gazebo." I whisper. My mom and dad both stand up and so does Debra and Chuck.

"Everyone please remain seated. We just need to speak to my lawyer." Charlie says, calming the crowd. Both sets of parents nod and I grab Charlie's hand. We head over to the encased gazebo and I let out a shaky breath.

"Charlie, I told you many times before. You cannot do this." Mr. Hindenburg says.

"Do what?" I ask.

"But-But it's not fair! Can't the law understand the circumstances!" He says.

"Understand what?" I ask impatient.

"I'm afraid not."

"What?! Charlie what the hell is going on?!" I scream.

"Ms. Trainor, I'm sorry to inform you but Mr. Puth cannot marry you." He says looking directly at me.

"What? Wh-What do y-you mean?" I ask frantically.

"Charlie cannot not marry you because he is married to someone else." He says looking down. I look to him, to Charlie, and then back to him.

"What?!" I ask. I look to Charlie and see he is crying.

"No! Don't you dare cry! Who the hell did you marry?!" I scream.

"Meghan-" He starts and touches my shoulder. I back away from his touch and he cries even more.

"No stop! Don't touch me!" I yell.

"Meghan-"

"Who. Did. You. Marry." I say clenching my fists.

"Hailey." He whispers.

"Oh my god!" I scream. I slip off my engagement ring and through it at him. I also slip off my shoes and start running back to the alter. I pick Marlie up and run back down the isle, tears threatening to spill. The crowd roars with chatter and I run towards the limo and finally get in when I reach it. I see Charlie come up but I lock the door.

"Meghan please! Open the door!" He screams. He starts pulling the handle and banging on it.

"No! Leave us alone!" I yell back.

"Meghan! Open the damn door!" He yells. I shake my head and once Marlie is buckled, I scream at the limo driver to drive. The limo speeds away and I let out my tears that I have held in.

Charlie's POV:
She left me. Just like that. I see the limo drive farther and farther away and I let my silent tears slip. I broke her, and I'm not proud of it. I walk silently down the isle and up to the alter. I can't lie to the people who mean the most to us.

"Hello everyone. Thank you all for coming out today. Unfortunately, there will be no wedding. I'm sorry for the inconvenience." I say. The last part causes uproars and I just stand there, I have said everything I can and I can't fix it. Suddenly, Ryan comes up to me and grips my white collar, taking me by surprise.

"What the hell did you do to her?!" He screams. I shake my head and he punches me, square in the nose. I drop to the sand and get up quickly and punch him in the stomach. Soon, Fancy, Stephen and my father are holding me back and Meghan's dad and a few of her guy friends are holding Ryan back.

"Let me go! He hurt Meghan! He deserves it!" Ryan yells and restraining against their hold. I crumble to the sand and roll up into a ball.

"I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry." I whisper, crying.

"Sorry isn't enough! She left you Charlie! And I'm going to make sure she never comes back! I'm going to make sure you never hurt her again!" He yells. A few minutes later Ryan is escorted out and taken back to the hotel. The beach mostly clears out and only a few people remain, talking to both our parents.

"Meghan! Thank god you picked up!" I hear Jordon whisper.

"Where are you?" She asks.

"Ohh! Really? You weren't going to wait after a honeymoon or anything?" She asks.

"Okay, I'll grab your stuff from the hotel and meet you there."

"Yeah, he's still here. He's crying at the alter."

"Bye Meghan...." She whispers and then hangs up. I look up and see Jordon walking by.

"Wait Jordon!" I call.

"What do you want?" She sasses.

"Meghan. What did she say? Did she ask about me? Where is she? Where is she going?" I ask.

"Tour. Now I have to go make sure she doesn't ruin it because of you. Goodbye." She says and walks away. I completely forgot! She planned her tour while she was planning the wedding. My phone buzzes from my pocket and I see Meghan texted me,

"I'm starting to think we will never have our happy ending..... maybe it's just not meant to be"