Chapter 22

Charlie's POV:
I feel my wet pillow before I am even conscious to know what is it. I stretch and yawn as I lift my head from it. I look at it and see that it is soaked. What happened? Last night I was watching Marlie and-. Shoot! What time is it? I check my new alarm clock and see that it is already 11:30 AM. I have to watch Marlie today! I quickly grab a graphic tee from my closet and slip it on. I also grab a pair of ripped jeans and slip on my shoes. I head downstairs and start to make myself coffee when it hits me. Meghan has her second date today and I have a date with Hailey. And we, well I, am no longer talking to her. I sigh and set my mug back in the cupboard. My hands find my face and I rub my frontal bone area. I let out a shaky sigh and sink to the floor with a loud 'thud'. Why am I still crying over her? I can't have her. So what? But it was all my fault in the first place... No! Stop thinking like that! I quickly wipe away my tears and head upstairs to shower. I peel away my fresh clothes and step in. The warm water washes away all my doubts and worries and I am left with a clear mind. I go to reach for my soap and instead find Meghan's. Dammit. When the whole mess happened I decided to keep it so it would be there for her when she came back. Even whole 5 years with Eliza, I kept it there thinking she would come back. I quickly rinse it out of my hands and rush to finish my shower. I don't bother trying to dry off and just wrap a towel around my waist. I grab her soap and head into my room. I find an empty cardboard box and put the bottle inside. I then proceed to walk around my whole house collecting her things. Downstairs had 5 of her candles, 3 of her movies, and a makeup bag. Upstairs had her soap, hairbrush, razor, and a toothbrush. I put the box on my bed and open my closet with a shaky hand. I find her favorite shirt of mine on the small section that I dedicated to her. Along with it is a jacket, a onesie, and a small bag on a hanger. I grab the bag and open it. I reach inside and feel soft, silk, objects along with a plastic bag. I pull them out and drop the bag to the floor. The baby onsie reads, "Finally Born" and another one is the exact same color and design in my size and reads "Finally a DADDY" I sink to the floor again and hold the objects to my chest. She had this all planned out the plastic bag has a positive pregnancy stick and she was going to tell me after she got home. We-We were parents. I look at the onsie she left and on the back it reads, "Finally a MOMMY." I see tears drop onto the cloths and hold it tighter to my chest. I look at the ground and see a note sticking out. I pick it up and open it.

"Charlie, baby.

I couldn't believe it either. I took the test when I started feeling sick on the last day of promo and kept it to show you. I'm going to make sure next week and get a ultrasound but.... WE'RE PARENTS CHARLIE! Oh my god, I can't wait to start a family with my soulmate.

I love you!
Meghan"

I fold the paper back to how it was and tempted to rip it. Instead, I put it in the box along with the onsies. I finally end at my dresser and I look at the ring. In a velvet box. I guess we both had things we wanted to tell each other. I grab the box and look at the ring inside. The diamond is huge and worth thousands of dollars and is meant for the girl that means so much more than that to me. I even remember taking one of her rings to get measured because I didn't want her to know. The funny thing is, Eliza had actually found it. Along with Meghan's other stuff and started to use it against me. She would go off about how I should get the ring altered for her because unlike Meghan, she actually loves me blah, blah, blah. I am finally able to gain wnough confidence to shut the box and toss it into the cardboard one on my bed. I grab the box and find a sharpie next to my music book. I grab it and write "Lost Hope and Dream: Broken Family" on it and shove it into the back of my closet. I slam it shut and pick up the clothes I put on earlier. I slip them back on and grab my phone and car keys and head out to the restaurant I'm meeting Hailey at. When I arrive I see her sitting at a table on her phone. She looks stunning. I make sure my outfit looks nice and grab a single rose from my pocket. I head inside and sit down across from her.

"Hey! You look great!" She says and looks up from her phone.

"Thanks. You look beautiful." I reply and smile.

"Is the rose for me?" She asks.

"Oh! Yeah...." I say and hand it to her.

"Thank you so much." She says and smiles.

"Yeah..."

"So, how is your 'personal stuff'?" She asks.

"Oh um. It's complicated and I still have no clue how it's going to work out in the end." I reply and scratch the back of my neck.

"Anyway, we should order." I say and pick up my menu. I look through it and realize that this is the restaurant I took Meghan to on our two year anniversary.

"I think I might just try a pizza." Hailey says and sets her menu down. That's what Meghan ordered.

"Okay, um. I will share it with you." That's what Meghan and I did.

"Okay. That sounds great. And do you want to get a shake to share? The vanilla one sounds delicious." Hailey says and reads the description.

"Uh. Could we not share it today? I'm not that hungry and not in the mood for icecream." I reply and look down at the menu. I want to say, I can't, me and my ex-girlfriend slash the mother of my child used to get the exact same thing and today is a really bad day trying to deal with my emotions. So, no I want her here, with me, and laughing and smiling like we used to do. I want to be able to put whipped cream on her nose and gaze into her eyes when we both drink some at the same time. I want to crack jokes and make out in this booth with her. I want her.

"Uh. Charlie? Are you okay?" Hailey asks while waving a hand infront of my face. I snap out of my trance and we order our food.