Chapter 6

Meghan's POV:
Marlie runs to the door and I giggle. I grab my wallet from my bag and walk after her. She has the door already open and talking to the teenage delivery boy. He smiles at her and I'm glad he isn't rude like other teens. I hand the money and told him to keep the change. When I walk back with the pizza Marlie ran ahead again and sat at the table. I walked past the bathroom but stopped when I heard talking.

"Okay..... Yes... Okay..... I love you too Eliza... Bye." Charlie said and then walked out of the bathroom. Tears had started streaking my cheeks and I pointed towards the door with my free hand.

"Get out now." I said and glared at him.

"Wait Meghan I can explain."

"No. Not here. Not in front of her." I demanded. He nodded and stepped outside. Jordon takes the pizza from me and sets it down on the table and serves Marlie while I walk outside, closing the door behind me.

"You fucking cheater." I spat at him.

"It's not like that Meghan let me explain." He pleaded.

"Then what is it Charlie? Huh? Because it sure sounded like you are cheating. Now go away and never come back." I say and glare at him.

"What are you saying?! You want Marlie to grow up without a father?!" He yells back.

"Stop. Don't you dare put those words into my mouth. I didn't decide to cheat. You did. Now I can't trust you."

"But you just did! We were so close to becoming an actual family." He says gesturing inside. I roll my eyes and scoff,

"So you think a relationship is 10 minutes of happiness? Well, I guess you do because that's what happened with Hailee!" I scream and start crying. Charlie grabs me again and my legs turn to puddy. He gently rocks and holds me in his arms.

Charlie's POV:
I start to rub up and down her back and she just cries more.

"When I saw that..... m-my world shattered.......
You were my everything. And-and I went away for a few weeks and you cheated on me. I was heart broken and nobody was there to pick up my pieces and make it okay. I spent almost nine months trying to deal with being pregnant alone." She cries out. I kiss her forehead and hold her closer.

"I'm soooo sorry. I'm here now and I won't ever leave you."

"No Charlie." She says and picks her head up.

"That's why I'm saying you have to go." She says and steps back.

"But Meg-"

"Go Charlie. You weren't there when I needed you the most." She says and backs up to the door. I start crying and to top it off Eliza calls my cellphone again. I sigh and walk away.

Meghan's POV:
"Her birthday is December 25th." I holler and slam the door.