Chapter 41

Meghan's POV:
Crying. Wet salty tears streak my face and tissues scatter the floor of my bunk.That's all I've been doing for the last 48 hours. Well, that's a lie. My tour starts today (July 14th) and I've had to soundcheck every so often. Jordon tries to cheer me up but it doesn't help. Her encouragement revolves around saying 'Charlie is stupid, you knew that' or 'The only reason you got back together was Marlie' and 'He's an ass, forget about him." But the thing is, I don't hate him. I'm just heartbroken and depressed that all of this is happening to me. What makes matters worse is I gave Ryan my iPhone charger and now my phone is dead.

Charlie's POV:
The ride to the airport was silent. I refused to talk to Jonathan after he played me like that. He knew I wasn't listening. We make it to the airport and I head in and make my way to my private flight. I get in line at the security check and wait for Jonathan to catch up. Meghan's tour is in Seattle and since I'm in LA, I had to get a private jet. It's currently 2:55 PM, and since it's a 3 hour flight and her meet and greet starts at 7, I'll be an hour early. Perfect amount of time to try and talk to her. I pass through security easily and make it to the plane. I hear running and panting behind me and snicker. I hand a flight attendant my ticket and board the plane. I sit down on the couch and get on my phone. Jonathan boards next and sits on the couch opposite of mine, panting.

"That was a bitch move." Jonathan states.

"Oh really? You think that was a bitch move? A FUCKING BITCH MOVE IS HAVING ME GO ON FUCKING TOUR WITH MY PSYCHOTIC EX WIFE WHILE I AM STILL TRYING TO MEND THINGS WITH MY FIANCÉ. NOW THAT IS A BITCH MOVE." I yell at him.

"Charlie...."

"What?!" I snap.

"Charlie, you know I can't help it or doing anything about it. I'm just the messenger make sure things get done guy. It's in your contract. You have to be willing to do what the label says or they will drop you. And I know you don't want that. Besides, how bad can it actually be? She will be in a different bus, she is an opener, do I need to go on?" Jonathan sighs.

"I guess it can't be that bad if she is going to be in a separate bus and everything...."

"See! There's the spirit!"

"Now, let's talk details..." Jonathan says and gets out his laptop.

"So tour will start around mid September and end early November. Three months of touring and twenty nine locations." Jonathan says clicking around a lot.

"Cool, I get Christmas off this year." I say smiling.

"Not necessarily, it depends if Iheartradio invites you to perform on their Jingleball tour or not." Jonathan replies.

"Moving on. At least two tour buses-one for you, one for Hailey- equipped with a kitchen, dining/lounge area, and sleeping area. Security will be upped and we need new, uh, what do you call it? Um, background images? We'll go with that. But don't worry, we just need to schedule in a photoshoot amongst filming for your music videos-"

"WAIT. What? Music videos?"

"Yes, and?"

"I'm so fucking excited now."

"That's good." Jonathan says continuing to click around on his computer.

"So I will set up your meet and greet and song list and then let you know when everything comes up!" Jonathan says closing his computer. I nod and before I know it we are descending. I grab my bag off the seat beside me and head back into the airport terminal. I start walking through the airport, on my phone, when I start to hear screaming. I look up from my phone and see dozens of fans with signs. How did they find me? I didn't tell ANYONE I was coming here... I freeze in my tracks and think about a plan of escape. There are no other exits and the crowd goes on for awhile. I huff and set my luggage down. Time to meet some fans...