Step - 4.5: Dinner

Lilly stormed out of Yousef's place & Aman followed her. Breaking Yousef's favorite watch accidently.

"How long are you going to let that go?" said Alex.

"Let what go?" said Yousef, "You know what I mean? Him & Lilly" said Alex.

"Listen she will do what she wants to do, she is a big girl, she wont listen to me anyway" said Yousef. 

"It is because you aren't saying the thing she wants to listen to, Yousef" said Lauren.

Yousef said nothing, he knew he has feelings for her, but her happiness was more important than his feelings. He went to his room and cuddled Muffin & Dollar while thinking about what just happened downstairs. Few days later, he met Alex and Lauren at lunch.

"You know you should go out with Lilly" said Alex "Yes it will be good for you two to re-kindle your friendship after what happened that day" said Lauren.

"I don't know about that" said Yousef, "Of course you do, its just going to be two friends meeting over dinner, trying to get over the grudges" said Alex, "That's right! I will call Lilly and arrange a meet up for both of you" said Lauren.

Lilly agreed to go out with Yousef, for the sake of their friendship and to keep Lauren's request, as she loved Lauren like a sister. Yousef, on the other hand, wanted things to go smoothly with Lilly. Lauren and Alex booked a table for them at a restaurant for dinner.

"This is a nice place" said Yousef.

"A little too fancy though" said Lilly.

They awkwardly sat together, because of what had happened few days ago. None of them was ready to start a conversation. Until Lilly said.

"I am sorry about what happened at your place, I overreacted, you were just doing it for Alex" 

"Oh.. Did Aman tell you to apologize?" asked Yousef.

"As a matter of fact, he did" answered Lilly.

"Well then let your boyfriend know that he was wrong, I shouldn't have pranked you, and you have the right to be angry" said Yousef.

"I was no longer angry at you" said Lilly.

"I figured as much, I know you can't be mad at me for long" said Yousef.

"Oh you always know what's going on in my mind huh?" said Lilly.

"Most of the times, yes" said Yousef.

"Well in that case, I might surprise you" said Lilly.

"I don't know what I should be saying to that" said Yousef.

"Say whatever you want me to listen to" said Lilly.

"What do you want to listen to, Lilly?" asked Yousef.

"I wish I knew, Yousef" said Lilly.

They shared a look, but the food was already at the table, so despite of saying anything anymore, they started eating and said nothing at all....