Step - 6.3: The After-Effect

Alex: "Is he alright doctor? Is he going to be fine?"

Doctor: "He should be fine, he has suffered multiple concussions, we have operated him and sedated him so he could get enough rest, he should be fine in a couple of days, but I think he has suffered more than a physical injury"

Swoozie: "What do you mean?"

Doctor: "What I mean is that he is emotionally traumatized, he wasn't responding to sedatives, we had to up his dosage, I think he is emotionally stressed, hence he lost control of his vehicle in the first place"

Alex and others were worried about him after hearing this, but at the same time they were content that their friend was fine. Alex was still struggling with the idea of telling Lilly about Yousef's accident, he decided to wait until he gained consciousness.

Lilly, on the other hand, woke up with no news from Yousef, he had missed a call from her and hadn't responded since then. She was a little worried but she thought of him being busy. She got up from her bed and went to shower and resume her practice for YTFF.

Some hours later, Yousef had gained consciousness but he was still unable to interact with his friends, he was out of danger and the doctors let them meet him. This was when Alex decided to inform Lilly. He called her.

Lilly: "Hey Alex, I was about to call you but I was caught up in work, can I speak to Yousef please? I tried calling him but his phone is off"

Alex: "Hey Lilly, I just called you to inform about Yousef.... He..... He had an acci.... Accident last night"

Lilly: "What?! You are kidding right?! This better not be a prank Alex, please put him on the line"

Swoozie heard Alex talking to Lilly on the phone and he asked Alex to let him talk to her.

"Lilly this is serious, Yousef is in the hospital, he had an accident last night and we are all here since last night" said Swoozie.

Lilly upon hearing this was completely shocked and her mind stopped working, she asked him for the address and immediately rushed for the hospital, leaving all her work behind. In that moment, all she wanted was to see Yousef and make sure he was alright. She was sad and broken as she felt guilty of not being in touch with Yousef for the past few days.