Step - 7.1: Proposal (Cont.)

Yousef woke up with Lilly by his side, sleeping peacefully, he saw her and kissed her forehead. She woke up to him kissing her forehead, she smiled  and hugged him.

"Good morning babe" she said.

"Good morning love" Yousef said.

"I am so happy today" she said.

"I am glad you are happy" Yousef said.

"But...." Lilly stopped before she could say anything.

"But...?" Yousef asked.

"Do you wanna talk about how you want our parents to inform about this?" Lilly asked.

"Yeah... Its a tough situation, we can do this.... I'll talk to my parents, and you talk to yours" Yousef said.

"I'll come with you to Canada if you want" he said as he noticed slight confusion on' Lilly's face.

"You will?" she asked.

"I will" he answered.

They flew to Canada as soon as they found a flight, Yousef thought of staying at a hotel and not at Lilly's house. He wanted her to be alone with her parents when she talked about him.

"But he isn't someone from our culture" her father said, after she was done telling them.

"I know.... But you never cared much about it" she said as she was scared.

"We don't but will his family be able to accept you?" her mother asked.

"I haven't thought much about it" she said as she now wondered about this.

"It is your life, and it is your decision to take, we will support you" her father said.

"But I want you to be happy and satisfied with this decision" Lilly said.

"Your sister married a man from our culture, he knew what our values and norms are.. I know it was a love marriage, but then again she married one of our own" her father said "We just want you to be happy, and marriage in itself is a huge decision" he continued.

A minute of silence wrapped the entire room.

"But... I would like to meet him, for your sake" he said.

Hearing this made Lilly hopeful and happy.

"Where is he right now?" her mother asked.

"He is in a hotel, he didn't want to come here and trouble you guys" Lilly answered.

"Well call him tomorrow, I want to meet him" her father said.

Lilly called Yousef and told him to come to her house tomorrow.

"Really?! They agreed?!" Yousef said as he was very happy to hear this.

"Sort of... They still wanna meet you before they decide something" Lilly said, being very happy but also a little scared.