Step -7.8: Same Old Faces

Yousef, Lilly, Alex and Lauren arrived at the party, it was an elite party, mostly consisting of huge political and social figures with artists as well as media celebrities. Lilly and Lauren went to meet the fellow creators, Yousef was approaching Lilly as a girl approached Yousef and kissed him on the cheek.

"Oh my God Yousef! It is you!" the girl said. Lilly turned around and was a little surprised as she saw the girl kissing Yousef.

"Lucy!" Yousef said as he was felt both awkward and happy seeing his ex being in the same room as his current (Lilly). They both hugged each other, but she wasn't ready to let go.

Lilly was standing there rolling her eyes. Yousef saw Lilly looking at him and let go of Lucy.

"Lilly.... Umm... Allow me to introduce an old friend.... Lucy" Yousef said as he came closer to Lilly and put his arm around her shoulder "And... Lucy... This is my girlfriend.. Lilly" he continued.

"Oh I am very glad to meet you" Lucy said "I must congratulate you on having such a strong, passionate man for a boyfriend" she continued. Lilly gave Yousef the look and he knew he was in trouble, he smiled awkwardly.

"Yes... I am quite fortunate, am I not?" Lilly said, as she continued giving Yousef that "look".

"Tell me.. What did he do to win you over?" Lucy asked. Yousef knew he was definitely in trouble as his face became pale.

"Actually... He wont my heart without having to do anything" Lilly answered.

"Awww.. When I knew him he had quite the appetite to impress women around him" Lucy said.

"Hmm... Did he?" Lilly said. 

"Umm.. No it was just once or twice... Maybe" Yousef said.

Lilly continued to giving him that look, he knew he would have a lot of explaining to do later. He was standing there awkwardly.

"The ironic thing is... And it is quite funny... Umm... Lucy ended up being another gentlemen" Yousef continued.

"Oh.. How romantic" Lauren said.

"We broke up" Lucy said.

There was an awkward silence for one second.

"Yousef.. I would like you to meet some really cool people here" Lucy said "Oh.. I forgot... Only if Lilly doesn't mind me borrowing her boyfriend for a few minutes" she continued.

"Well I won't mind... Enjoy" Lilly said.

Lilly was enjoying the party as she met a lot of influential people, Lauren and Alex went to meet other people, Yousef was with Lucy meeting their old friends, and she was all alone, until she heard a voice.

"Lilly?"

She turned around, only to see Aman standing there.

"Aman.. Hey" she said.

"It is such a pleasant surprise.. I am so glad to see you" Aman said.

"Me too" Lilly said, as it was awkward for her to be talking to her ex, with her boyfriend in the same room, she was looking for Yousef as she didn't want to be around Aman.

"Who are you looking for?" Aman asked.

"Umm.." he interrupted her saying "Yousef.. Right?"

"I don't see him with you, I was hoping he would not leave you standing in a crowded room alone... I never left you alone, Lilly" Aman said. Lilly stood quietly, a bit disappointed by what Aman said, but being a nice person that she was, she didn't reply to him, and just smiled.

"Where is Yousef, Lilly?" he asked again.

"You should go. I don't think he will be happy seeing you here since the last conversation you had with him" Lilly said.

"I don't think this is the right place to be upset" he said. Lilly thought it was a good idea to just go away where Lauren and Alex were, but she couldn't see them nearby.

"This is unbelievable. The fate is toying with us now... You and me, bringing us together in the most unlikely places" Aman said.

"Aman... I don't want to be rude to you... You are a very good person" Lilly said.

"I am expecting a but..." Aman said.

"But...." as Lilly was about to continue she got interrupted by a voice

"Hey" it was Yousef.

"It is nice seeing you, Aman" Yousef said as he held Lilly's hand tightly. Lilly was both scared and relieved to see Yousef.

"How are you?" Yousef asked.

"I am good, and you?" Aman asked.

"Great, thanks" Yousef answered.

"You both look good" Aman said.

"Thanks" Yousef said.

In that moment, Aman knew he had to let go of Lilly, she was happy with another man, and he had to move on in his life. Lilly on the other hand, was happy to see Yousef standing beside her. Yousef, on the other hand acted as a mature person, he trusted Lilly, and he somewhat trusted Aman as well, he knew Aman wouldn't try to harm Lilly. Yousef and Lilly's relationship grew stronger in that very moment, any interference of an outsider no longer mattered to them, all they could think of was being with each other. Lilly knew she has met the ideal guy she wanted, Yousef also realized that he has finally met a strong-headed and understanding woman.