Step - 5.2: Are you good enough for her?

Lilly and Yousef were worried about Aman's reaction seeing them together. Lilly had left him for the man she loved truly and she had moved on years ago. But her vulnerability and Yousef's absence made her feel something about Aman again, but now that she was with someone she actually loved, she was happy and content. But Aman's presence in L.A bothered her to the core. Yousef on the other hand thought about how he is going to face Aman, if he should should be present while Aman comes to get his stuff from Lilly's apartment. The party ended, everyone started leaving Swoozie's place.

"Will you drop me off to my place?" asked Lilly from Yousef.

"Yes, sure" said Yousef.

They sat in his car and didn't talk the whole way, they knew it was awkward to even talk about Aman, Lilly didn't want to hurt Aman, but she didn't want to live a lie anymore either. She loved Yousef and that's all she cared about. Yousef felt somewhat guilty being the cause of their breakup, but he knew Lilly's decision was based on her feelings & he couldn't help but love her. They reached outside the building of her apartment, when Yousef decided to drop her off the apartment door. 

"Do you want to stay the night?" asked Lilly.

"I would love it but Dollar & Muffin are alone" said Yousef.

"Yeah you are right, I have to buy some stuff from the superstore tomorrow.... So would you like to accompany me?" said Lilly.

Yousef smiled and said "OK, I will pick you up tomorrow"

Next Day

Yousef waited for Lilly outside her apartment, she came down, with her hair open. She was wearing a sleeveless shirt. Her hair was all did. Yousef was awestruck seeing her, and realized how lucky he was to have someone like her love him.

"Morning" they both greeted each other.

"You should change your car now, your car looks like it belongs to a single guy, you aren't single anymore" said Lilly.

"Ooooo gurl, what sort of car do you want me to buy?" asked Yousef as he smiled.

"Umm.. How about a four-door Sedan? You wanna look like you have a family" said Lilly jokingly.

Yousef laughed and said "Oh so you wanna start a family with me eh?"

"I might, who knows" said Lilly as they both smiled at each other.

At grocery store

Yousef grabbed the trolley and Lilly started shopping for her groceries. They teased each other while shopping.

"Hey Lilly Pilly Dilly, do you want me to buy these unicorn shoes? In case you wanna start a family" joked Yousef.

"Aww I wouldn't mind them babe" said Lilly.

Lilly took Yousef's snapback off his head and wore it. He grabbed her waist and hugged her from behind and kissed her cheek. They both finished shopping, he helped her take groceries up her apartment. 

"Thanks babe" she said as she kissed his cheek.

"My pleasure" said Yousef.

"So do you wanna stay? Have some quality time? I finished work before you came to pick me up" said Lilly.

"Umm I don't think its a bad idea" said Yousef.

They watched movie while cuddling on her sofa, when they heard a knock on the door. Yousef opened the door, it was Aman.

"Yousef" said Aman.

"Aman, hello" said Yousef.

"I came here to meet Lilly and take my stuff" said Aman.

"Yeah she is inside" said Yousef.

"Who is it babe" asked Lilly as she approached Yousef. She saw Aman. Yousef went outside to give them both some time to talk.

"Excuse me" said Yousef.

"I came here to collect my stuff" said Aman.

She let him in and he got his stuff from her apartment.

"Its good to see you, Lilly" said Aman.

"You too, Aman" said Lilly.

Aman left the apartment as she saw Yousef standing outside the corridor of her building.

"So its.... You and her?" asked Aman.

"Yeah.... Umm... I am sorry we didn't want want it to happen like this, the last thing she wanted to do is hurt you" said Yousef.

"I know that" said Aman, while he continued asking "So do you have a plan?" asked Aman.

"I am sorry? I don't understand" said Yousef.

"I wanted to give her a home, a place to live in, a married life, a family, a future, if she wanted that sort of thing. What do you have to offer to her? You have issues, you have people that hate you and target you, and cause drama in your life. Do you want her in on this life? Do you want her to be seen on those drama channels of YouTube because she is in a relationship with you? Have you thought about any of that? What are you offering her except for yourself? Are you good enough for her?" asked Aman.

"I haven't really thought of that" said Yousef. He contemplated what Aman said to him and realized that people that hate him will cause troubles for Lilly, if they knew they are together. He walked to Lilly's apartment.

"That was awkward. What did he say to you?" asked Lilly.

"He asked if I have anything to give you, if I am good enough for you. The truth is, I don't.... I think we know what feels right, and I think that that should be enough to be our guideI don't have anything to give you except for myself, and my two dogs I can't give anything else to you, but a promise. I give you my word that I will always take care of you and love you, and I will always protect you. And that I will treat you with respect & I will always be loyal to you... & I pray I stay loyal to you" said Yousef.

Lilly upon hearing that cried he wiped her tears and kissed her on the forehead,she also kissed him on the forehead and wiped his tears off.

"I am happy with all of that. That's what I really want from you, and whatever it is, good or bad, we will face it together" said Lilly. They hugged each other and kissed after she said that.