37

Sierra pov

Mom had posted the video of me singing and I have major stage fright when it comes to singing. People want me to sing national anthems and I can barley sing in front on my mom. "Mom, how am I supposed to sing on Jimmy Kimmel if I can barley sing infront of you?!" I freaked out. "Why don't we have Wilmer and Joe and Selena come over today and you can practice infront of them?" Mom suggested. I shrugged "I'll try." I smiled. Mom went to her phone and invited them over.

I sat in my room preparing my self it was 4 people and I was freaking out. Tomorrow I was going to sing the national anthem at an LA baseball game.

Mom called me down and I saw everyone. "Hi!" I smiled. "You are amazing." Selena greeted me. "T-thanks." I smiled. Joe and Wilmer hugged me. "Okay, sing the anthem and we will watch you" Joe smiled. They turned on the karaoke machine and I held the micro phone.

Oh, say can you see,
By the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hailed,
At the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars,

I started to cry "come on Sierra you are doing amazing!" Mom clapped. I breathed in deep and kept singing

Through the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched,
Were so gallantly streaming.
And the rocket's red glare,
The bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night,
That our flag was still there.
Oh say does that star spangled banner yet wave,
For the land of the free, and the home of the brave.

"Yay!" Selena jumped up and hugged me "see not so hard!" Joe chuckled. "WELL! There is only 4 of you!" I laughed wiping my tears. "I'm going to be on national tv if I start crying then I'm a laughing stock for the rest of the school year!" I hid my face. "Hey hey, I believe in you." Mom said kneeling down to me. "If you don't want to do this I won't force you." Mom smiled softly. "No, I want to. I'll regret it if I don't."

We ate dinner and everyone left. I showered and laid with mom in her bed. "What if I forget the lyrics?" I asked. "Then look at me and I will start signing with your. " mom smiled. "Promise?" I asked. "Promise."

Mom kissed my forehead and tickled me. I burst out laughing "I'm gonna pee!" I squealed. Mom stopped and I hopped up and ran to the bathroom and pee'd.
I hugged her goodnight and I went to sleep.

--------------

"Oh my god." I said pacing. "I can't do this I can't do this." I paced around my room. I stood in my white pants and blue shirt my hair was straightened I put my make up on. I took of my brace because I was just singing. "Ready baby?" Mom asked she held Wilmer's hand. I nodded trying to avoid the tears.

We got into the limo and I was shaking tremendous. We arrived at the stadium and I was greeted by the baseball players. "Your gonna kill it!" They said to me and hugged me. Me, mom, and Wilmer sat on the bleachers closest to the floor. They did there grand opening and then they called my name. "Oh my god." I hugged mom and Wilmer and stood up, they put in my ear piece be handed me a microphone. "You got this kid." And patted my back.

"Please welcome Sierra Lovato 13 with the Star Spangled Banner!" My heart began to pound as the music started.

Oh, say can you see,
By the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hailed,
At the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars,
Through the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched,
Were so gallantly streaming.
And the rocket's red glare,
The bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night,
That our flag was still there.
Oh say does that star spangled banner yet wave,
For the land of the free, and the home of the brave.

I started to cry during singing but I didn't let it effect my voice. "And the home of the braaaaaave." I sang. I finished singing and I covered my mouth and just started sobbing with happiness. "Thank you Sierra!" Then the crowd went wild. I handed the manager the ear piece and microphone and I ran to mom me she picked me up. I was still sobbing, "you did amazing!" She said rubbing my back. I was so happy but still so scared I screwed up when I started to cry.

"Aww." Mom said as I cried into her shoulder. "You did awesome!" A player said to me. "Th-thank you." I sniffled as mom put me down. He patted my shoulder and we went to our seats and continued the game. I'm not really in to baseball, I'm more of a football girl. There butts look so cute and tiny,

I put my earbuds in and listened to me sing the national anthem that was already on YouTube with a like a million views. "Mom take a picture with me." I smiled. I pressed my head against hers and took the picture. Then Wilmer got on the next one and I took it.

"Hey the school is having a talent show and if you win, you get a trophy and $100 you should totally do it!" Maya texted me. "That would be like cheating lol."

"No! Come on! It's on Friday sign ups are now." She texted. "Fine sign me up." I texted back. I should sing Take me to Church. "Hey mom, I'm going to do the school talent show." I smiled. "Awesome! When is it?" She asked. "Friday, can you make it?" I asked. "I will move things around just for you." She pinched my cheek and I downloaded Take me to Church and began memorizing the lyrics. "My lovers got humor" I hummed on the way home. I was out of school until Thursday so I had a lot of time to perfect this. On our way home my mom had called grandma and grandpa and Dallas to tell them to come for the talent show. I don't know why.