44

Sierra pov

We arrived at home and I just wanted to be alone. I went to my room and grabbed my guitar and my note pad and pencil. I turned to the page, this is the song me and Hannah were writing together.

"Sierra, it's almost midnight. You need to go to sleep." Mom said popping into my room. "What are you doing?" She asked sitting on the edge of my bed. "I wrote a song." I said sniffling. "What's it about?" Mom asked. "I don't know, I just wrote down my feelings. You cans read it. It's trash." I said putting my guitar up. "Sierra, this is amazing."
"Thanks." I said biting my lip, my vision was getting so blurry from the tears piling up. I took a deep breathe in. "Me and Hannah started the song." I let's tears flow out of my eyes. I bit my lip "it means so much to me mom. I was to busy being selfish to finish the song with her." I said letting out a sob. Mom wrapped her around me. "Hey hey, you need to just go to sleep. It's been an emotional day for all of us. Okay, Hannah isn't mad at you. I promise." Mom wrapped her arm around me and I put my head on her shoulder. We stayed like that until I got tired. "I'm going to go to sleep now." I sniffled. "Okay, if you need anything you know where I am." She kissed my head and left.

I got up and put my hand on my dresser, slowly dragging my finger to end. There was a little piece of tape with my friend. I took off the tape. I admired the shiny metal. How clean it was, I haven't cut in a while. But I was ready for it to be over. I went into my bathroom I rolled up my sleeve, I looked at my scarred wrist. I can't cut there, I locked my door and pulled down my shorts. I admired my clean thigh. I wanted to do something different. I began carving my thigh.
"L"
"O"
"S"
"T"

I carved into my thigh I didn't want to stop. Under the word lost I began carving again.
"H"
"O"
"P"
"E"

I smiled as I let tears fall. "Lost hope." I repeated. I dropped the razor and got in the bath. I admired how the water was now a pink/red color.

I got out and drained the water. You could now perfectly see the words "lost hope"

----------------------------
I'm suspended from school I could care less, I'm not going back to that school. I give up on public schools. I went to Hannah funeral the hardest fucking this in the world.

It was after the funeral and I was in the recording room.

I grabbed my guitar and set up the camera. "Hey guys, my name is Sierra Lovato and this is mine and Hannahs song it's called Eyes Wide open, unfortunately she never got to finish it so I did. Enjoy."

La di da da da na
Yeah

Everybody loves to tell me I was born an old soul
Better keep my eyes wide open
There's so much that I don't know
Just another hotel room
Never felt so all alone
I think about my granddad's eyes,
And they always send me home
I can almost hear him now
Gotta make him proud

I keep my eyes wide open
Bless this ground, unbroken
I'm about to make my way
Heaven help me keep my faith
And my eyes wide open

La
Whoa

I can't see two steps ahead of me,
When the fog comes rollin' in
I never thought I'd miss the rain
Lord knows how long it's been
This dream burns inside of me,
And I can't just let it go
There's still so much that I don't know