Chapter 10 - NEVER hit a wolf

Daphne's POV

It's been a week since the incident. I haven't talked to Arron, he hasn't even been to school the past week either. Neither has Sydney, come to think of it, neither has Zander.

I've tried calling her but I always go directly to voicemail. I've tried calling Zander but the same happens with him. He's only sent one text message to me and Kat all week which was 'I'm busy.'

What kind of response is that? Me and Kat have been wanting to go their house but we always backed out because of two reasons. One, because I didn't want to see Arron's face. Two, I didn't know where Zander lived.

Which is weird since I've known him for the longest time. Now that I'm thinking about it, we've only ever hung out at Kat's or my house. I'd have to ask him about his house later...

"Hey! Are you listening to me?" asked Kat interrupting my thoughts.

Currently we were at Starbucks drinking coffee. Cause guuuurl I love coffee.

"Sorry. It's just that I was thinking about Zan and Syd," I told her.

"Yeah... I wonder where they are. I wonder if their okay? I mean they should have at least freaking answered our calls its not that freaking hard! You just have to press a freaking butt-" she rampaged but I cut her off before she went all psycho mad.

"Yeah okay calm down, I'm actually planning on going over to Syd's house to see what's up," I told her.

"You do know that Arron will most likely be there right? Are you ready to face him?" She asked.

"Yeah but knowing if she's okay so that I can kill her, is more important than me not wanting to see Arron," I told her.

"Well... If you say so. Oh and don't kill Sydney without me, I want in for making us worry. Same with Zander," she warned me.

"For sure," I told her laughing.

"Oh and tell me what happens after because you know how I can't go with you since I have plans with my family later," she told me.

"Yes right after I'll call you," I assured her.

We talked for a couple minutes more and then we decided to leave. I got up to throw away my empty cup and Kat did the same. We said our goodbyes and then went our separate ways.
****

I got home and decided to hop in the shower. As I went in, I instantly felt my muscles relax. It's been a long week and the warm shower made me feel ten times better.

Once I finished with my shower, I changed into some sweats and a t-shirt. I dried my hair and put it into a side braid. I decided to not put any makeup as there was no reason to.

I went downstairs and put on my shoes and got my car keys. I checked the time and saw that it was 6:07 p.m. Since my dad wasn't home yet, I decided to leave a note for him.

___________________

Dad,
Went to Sydney's house to check up on her.
I'll be back later don't wait up on me,
Love u,
Daphne<3

P.S. Dinners in the fridge.
___________________

Afterwards I hopped in the car and left to Sydney's house.
****

I was listening and singing along to Twenty one Pilots 'Ride' when suddenly something quickly passed infront of my car as I was driving. It looked human but at the speeds it was going I highly doubt that. That's creepy. I didn't even brake because it went by fast.

Then, I barely had time to brake or react when I hit something with the car. I felt my seatbelt hold me back to kelp me from lurching forward and hitting my head. Luckily, the airbag didn't come out.

I was breathing heavily as I just sat there shocked trying to process what had just happened. After a bit, i pinched myself to see if I was alive. Yep. I'm alive.

I slowly unbuckled myself and tried to look at what I hit. My eyes widened as I saw what it was. A wolf.

Oh shit I just hit a huge wolf! What do I do? Do I call someone or do I go check on it. Of course being stupid me I went with the second choice.

I slowly got out of the car and walked towards it. As I inched closer, I couldn't help to wonder if it was dead. Just then it's eyes shot open. They were a light red and looked hella pissed.

I stepped back as he started to get up. It growled and started inching towards me. I took another step back but then I noticed I didn't have any place to go. There were only trees surrounding me. Why did Sydney have to live in the freaking woods?

It all happened so fast. He lunged at me and I tried twisting out of the way but ended up twisting my ankle instead as he clawed at me sending me flying me back against a tree. At the same time, after, another wolf came from behind me tackling the other wolf. Something about the new wolf seemed so familiar but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

I blinked rapidly trying to stay conscious so that I could get away. They were  still fighting so I decided it was now or never. I got up and instantly felt dizzy as I swayed. I grabbed onto the tree steadying myself.

That's when I noticed it was quiet. I turned my head and saw that the wolf that threw me across was now laying on the floor dead with a pool of blood around him. Then I saw the other wolf was staring directly at me. 

I tried to take a step back but I felt a lot of pain on my ankle as I stepped on it do I tumbled down.

I felt myself lose all the energy that was left in me as soon as I hit the ground. I was starting to lose consciousness but before I did, oh dear lord how hard did I hit my head, because I swear I saw the wolf turn into a naked Arron who was walking towards me with a worried look. That's all I saw, or think I saw, as my vision went black.
🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱
Question of the chapter: What's your dream job?

Omg I got 2k views. It feels like a dream. Thank u so much! ❤️ love you guys!
Anyways hope you enjoyed the chapter.

Did you like the cliff hanger? Or should I say branch hanger? Har har!😂