Chapter 33 - Betrayed?

What up Sparklers? Do u guys like that? Okay, omg guys I swear you guys are so amazing!!! Thank u guys so much for everything!!  The reads, the comments, the votes, the support, I can't put it into words how happy I am! This book is so close to 100k!!! I love love love love u all!! And without further a do, here's the chapter!!!!
🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱

Arron's POV

I've got to find a way to help Daphne. I know that something is wrong after how we left it last night. No matter what I said or did, did not stop her from just heading to meet the king.

Recap:
Daphne fell to the floor as she read the letters, tears pooling in her eyes. I felt so bad I really didn't want her reading the letters. I wrapped my arms around her. She cried into my chest, holding onto my shirt. She suddenly ripped from my arms and roughly wiped her tears as she got up.

"You kept these for me!" she seethed.

"I-I was trying to protect you," I stuttered.

"Protect?! This saids my mom is alive, my mom that I never even got to meet! How could you keep this from me?!" she yelled.

"Look I'm sorry but I didn't want to put you in danger," I told her, trying to keep calm.

"My mother is alive. My father has been broken ever since. He works a lot to keep from thinking about her, making me not have a father around! Then all of this happens!" she yelled, signaling around her. "I needed to know this!"

"Daphne -" I said moving close to her.

"No! I won't forgive you for this. I really thought you were changing, that you really wanted to be with me. But I guess not." she sniffled, looking away from me.

She held up her hand as I was going to say something.

"No, just save it. I'm done. Zander can you please get me out of here?" She asked our on-looking audience.

Before he could answer, I moved in front of her and growled. She picked up her hand and slapped me, followed by gasps behind me. I felt my eyes turn black and I let out another growl.

"I can't let you go," I said as I gripped her shoulders.

"You can and you will. Now let. Me. Go." she said lowly.

I almost let her go but knew if I did, she would go and look for her mother and be in danger.

"No," I said, losing my grip on her a little so I wouldn't hurt her.

"I'm not asking for your permission." she said narrowing her eyes and pushing me away, making me stumble.

She ran past me grabbing Zander's hand in the process before they were out of sight. I stood dumbfounded and angry. I growled as I started planning how to help my mate.
🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱

Daphne's POV

It was now 2 pm and I was just finished getting ready. I put on clothes that would let me move freely so that incase I had to fight, they wouldn't restrict me. I got a small knife and wrapped it in a small cloth then stuck it in my boot. As Kyle had taught me, 'always carry a weapon so that you can protect yourself in case there's any morons you have to fight'.

I got my coat and phone and waited for Zander.  Yeah, Zander was going to go with me. I told him not to because I didn't want him to get hurt. But as you already know, he said that he would come no matter what.

I was also a jumbled mess of nerves. Today I was most likely going to meet my mom. Would she recognize me? How would she react? How would I react? Will she  even love me?

My thoughts were interrupted as I heard the doorbell ring. I got up and opened the door to see Zander. He was also combat ready. I let out a chuckle as I saw he was wearing all black as if it would hide him in broad daylight. I shook my head and closed the door behind me.

With a stupid grin, he asked, "Ready?"

I let out a sigh and answered, "As ready as I'll ever be."

When we reached the café, it was 2:50 pm. I got out of the car and wiped my sweaty hands on my pants. Welp, here goes.  I went into the café with Zander close behind me. I looked around but there wasn't many people. Who was I looking for? Who is it? Are they even her yet? No one seemed to look our way as we stood there so, we decided to sit and wait.

At exactly 3:00, we heard the door open. I was surprised to see Kyle.

"Kyle?" I asked, confused.

"Umm yeah, can I talk to you?" he asked nervously.

He signaled outside as he started walking. Zander grabbed my wrist holding me back as he shook his head. His words came back to me, 'Don't trust him, at least not yet'.

"Come on, what's the worst he can do?" I said, pulling him with me.

We followed Kyle outside and saw that he went into the alleyway so we went there as well. When we reached him he was just standing in the middle of the alleyway with his back toward us.

"Um Kyle?" I asked as I walked closer to him.

Before I knew it, two vampires landed in front of me, grabbing Zander.

"What's the meaning of this Kyle?!" he yelled as he struggled, trying to get free.

Ignoring him, Kyle was standing beside me in a second.

"I'm so sorry," he whispered as he put a cloth on my nose and mouth. I tried to fight him but I accidentally breathed in, making me go instantly weak.  Before I knew it, I was being put in a car as my vision went black.
🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱

Question of the chapter:  What is the weirdest thing that has ever happened to u?

I know I know, super short chapter. But, the next one is going to be longer and with new drama so be ready for that! Thank u guys once again and I hope u really enjoyed this chapter!!!!! ❤️