Chapter 22 - The date

Yay another chapter!!! Omg I just hit 42k! What?! Thank you guys for all ur support! Anyways, this chapter is mostly Darron (Daphne + Arron) so be expecting that. So yeah! Oh and thank you once again to silentlyDEADLY101 for the book cover, I loooove it! I really appreciate when people take the time to do those kinds of things for me! Anyguacamole, hope u enjoy!!!
🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱

Daphne's POV

It's been a couple days and we've already had the funeral. I don't think there was anyone that wasn't crying. Even if some of the people tried not to cry, it was just impossible not to.

Poor Luke took his father's death hard. Of course Ben was there for him, but as a friend as they didn't want anyone to find out about them yet.

So it's been kind of a depressing time in our lives. But, on the bright side, in a couple days it's going to be Ben's birthday and that's when they plan to announce to everyone that they are mates.

I honestly love them together, when one of them is sad, the other is there and tries to lift their mood. When one is happy, the other is happy. Their so stinking cute.

Anyhow, Luke and Zander talked, and now Luke knows that Zander didn't have to do anything about his dad's death. They're back to being friends-ish. I guess that Zander being a vampire doesn't help as Luke's dad was killed by a vampire.

Any way, I'm currently at home with my dad as he wanted to have some father daughter time with me to make it up for the secret he kept from me.

"So, what movie do you want to watch?" My dad asked me as he held up a couple choices.

"It doesn't really matter because we always end up talking in the end and miss the movie," I told him laughing.

He laughed as well and said, "Avatar it is then."

He inserted the disk into the DVD player and pushed play. Like I thought, we started watching it but then were in a conversation.

"Daphne, I know we've grown a little apart from when I told you the secret-" he started but I cut him off.

"No dad it's oka-" I said but got caught off by him as he held a hand up.

"No let me finish," he said with a stern look, and kept going, "I just want you to know that I'm sorry and that I was only doing it to protect you. I love you and your the only person I have left, so I don't want to drift apart."

This brought tears to my eyes.

"It won't, I love you too," I told him.

We hugged and decided to keep watching the movie.
****

I was now in my room, as we had finished watching the movie and had a ton of junk food. Yum!

I heard my phone ring so I went and picked it up and saw that it was Arron.

Me: Hello?
Arron: Hey Daph, watcha doing?
Me: Nothing, just on my bed doing nothing
Arron: Oooh mind if I join?
Me: No!
Arron: Nah just kidding, I was just calling to see if you maybe wanted to go on a date?
Me: Yeah sure that would be nice! Where?
Arron: Not telling you, it's a surprise
Me: But-
Arron: Nope! Not telling you! See you at 6:00

With that he hung up. Ugh, he's frustrating. Not knowing what to wear, I hit up Kat and Sydney to come and help me get ready.

"Heey!" They squealed simultaneously as they got to my house.