Chapter 42 - The war

Hey guys! Here's the chapter!!! There's only like 3 chapters left after this and I'm excited yet sad. But, I just want to say thank u! It's crazy how MTME is number 69 in werewolf! Thank u guys so much and here's the chapter! Oh and I might update twice as a thanks!
🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱

Daphne's POV

We're all in chaos. The word got around that the vampires were coming and everything went crazy. Every pack was notified and are now on their way. The packs that lived farther, would arrive a tiny bit late. Now, I know that may seem a little bit dumb but, we can use it to our advantage. By having them come later, we could have backups in case anything went... wrong.

Plus, there are quite a few packs close to here and would be more than enough for now. Then again, word has it, that the vampires are coming in really large numbers but, I have faith, faith that this won't go terribly wrong.

Hopefully.

So, you must be wondering what's going on at the moment, and well, Arron and I currently receiving the packs that have already arrived and are leading them to the grand training room. That's right, Arron has two training rooms. Apparently, the one Sydney took us to is just for the pack. The grand training room was made for our pack other pack meetings and such things like that. It is also used for when we make an alliance with a new pack and would teach each other strategies. It also is way bigger and has a lot, and I mean a lot, of weapons.

I can't seem to be not surprised by something every day.

"Hey, can I talk to you for minute?" I heard Zander ask from behind me.

I turned to look at Arron to see if he'd be all right if I left for a bit. He nodded his head in response. I turned to Zander and we went into the same room we did last time.

"Okay, I have good news and bad news. Which do you want first?" he asked me.

I raise my eyebrows and sigh.

"Good news, I guess," I answer.

He nods his head.

"Okay, well, as I said, I was going to do some research and I found this," he said, reaching in his pocket.

He pulls out a flask that has a liquid inside and has a green, glow to it. I scrunch my eyebrows look up to him.

"What is that?" I asked him.

He looked down at the flask and said, "This was the other thing that was in the letter my mom gave me. This is the only way to kill the king," his expression turned dark as he said the last part.

I could feel the blood draining from my face. Is he implying that I'm going to kill the king?! He looked at me straight in the eyes and nodded as if he could read my mind. I shook my head quickly. No way was I going to kill his father. I mean I can't even think of what I'm gonna do during the war, I mean it is a war what else can I expect? I look down at the ground. He grabs my shoulders, making me look up.

"Look, as long as he's alive, he'll rule mercilessly. He will kill innocent people and no one will truly be happy. He needs to go or both species will perish. Do you want that to happen?" he asks sternly.

I feel the tears start to pool in my eyes and I shake my head.

"Okay." he saids, taking a deep breath.

"Okay, so what I found out is that you need to cover the dagger with the elixir. Then you need to pierce it through his heart," he said monotonously.

I'm left speechless and scared but, manage to nod.

"So now for the bad news, my dad has made a similar elixir. It's made to harm a werewolf. It's worse the wolfs bane but then again, we don't use it as much as we used to anyways. It won't kill them but, it will hurt like hell. here's the catch though, it will kill a human in a matter of three hours. When it goes into your bloodstream, even just a scratch, it will instantly start killing you. So you really need to be careful," He said.

I tried wrapping my head around everything but it really is a lot and I close my eyes. I take deep breaths open my eyes and nod again. He looks at me with pity and concern.

"I know this is a lot and I'm sorry you're going through all of this," he whispered, as I wiped my tears.

I put on a brave face and determinedly said, "Let's do this."

**** (a few hours later)

I stand in the grand training room along with the others. The room is packed and you can feel that everyone is on edge. I take deep breaths and give myself a pep-talk.

"You're fine Daphne. You can do this. There's nothing to it. You know how to fight and only have one job. Yeah, only kill the king. Oh gosh," I whisper, as I feel my stomach start to churn.

"Hey hey, are you okay?" I hear Arron ask as I feel the tingles when he wraps his arms around me.

I turn around so I can see him and see he looks very concerned. I give him a small smile and bury my face in his chest. He swirls his fingers along my back and caresses my hair. I sigh in content and hug him tighter, basking in the moment. He lifts my chin and connects his eyes with mine.

"I'm okay now," I answer him.

He smiles and gives me a kiss on the forehead.

"Aww," I hear three voices say.

I turn to see Ben, Luke, and Kyle. I shake my head at them and turn back to Arron. I see he has a hardened expression and is looking at Kyle. I grab his shoulder and  he calms down.

"Don't you have something to say, Kyle?" Arron asks briskly.

I see Kyle scratch the back of his head and turns to me. He gives me a nervous look and opens and closes his mouth. He looked like a fish out of water to be honest. I laughed in my head and not out loud noticing that everyone else had serious expressions.

Arron moves from my side and goes up to him. I see him whisper something but I don't catch it. Arron comes back to my side and I look at Kyle confusedly.

"Well-" he starts but gets interrupted.

"Everyone get ready, they are very close," someone yells.

I ignore the event that is happening right now and focus on getting everything ready. I grab the small dagger and cover it with the elixir. We all step outside and move forward.  It's dreary outside, the sun already starting to set. There's slight fog and dark clouds. I look ahead of me and see them. They look like a huge- massive dark cloud.

I feel Arron grab my hand and give me an encouraging smile. I give one back to him. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Zander and Kat take each others hands. I see them give each other a kiss and lean their foreheads on each other. I smile and turn to Arron to give them privacy. I see he's already looking at me, with a loving look. I stand on my tippy toes and give him a peck.

I grab his face and say, "Please be careful."

He cups my face, " Always. You too, you know I am always going to be there for you."

We turn back and see that they are even closer. I look towards Zander and see that Kat has left as she is not going to participate in this war. I see Zander, Kyle, Luke, and Ben come to where Arron and I are.

I feel my hands start to sweat as the vampires near. Everyone gives me a hopeful smile once they see me fidget. They arrive and we just stand there. Then King Ametheous steps forward and so do Arron and I. I see he has a dagger similar to mine with a glowing purple substance on it.

"You know, there's still time to stop this all. Not lose any innocent lives," I say loudly.

He cackles evilly and smirks.

"Only if you join me," he replies.

"Never," I say at the same time Arron growls.

"Very well, have it your way, princess," he shouts.

I feel a shiver run through my body but, try not to show that his words affected me.

"Let it begin!" he shouts as he gives me an evil look.

And that's how both sides charged.

🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱
Welp that's it! I hope u enjoyed and see u soon!