Chapter 44 - New beginnings

Here it is! I will be updating the last chapter which is the epilogue, very soon. I just want to say I'm so thankful of how far this story has come and for all your support. Thank you and enjoy!
🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱

Arron's POV

I bit off the head of the vampire without a second thought. Another vampire snuck behind me and jumped on my back, making me stumble. I felt him make a large scratch making me whimper slightly. I quickly recovered and twisted my neck, grabbing him by a foot. Making sure that I bit hard enough to cause some damage. I threw him off my back, hearing the hard 'smack' as he fell on the floor.

Without losing another second, I jumped on top and bit down hard, successfully decapitating the hideous creature. I looked and spotted from my peripheral vision that Daphne was fighting a girl and a guy. She was just about to kill the girl when I saw that the guy attacked her from behind. I seethed with anger and went in their direction. I saw him throw her to the ground with a punch. She stayed down.

Get up Daphne get up! You'll get killed!

He went for another punch but I pushed him off Daphne before he could. He fell but, quickly got up. It's now that I noticed that he only had on arm. I felt a wolfy grin start to creep up my face as I guessed who was the person that did that. I shot at him, biting his arm, swinging him to the ground. I then decapitated him with ease.

I instinctively turned toward the direction I saw Daphne and saw she had succeeded her kill. I saw her eyes spot me, flickering to the vampires decapitated head on the ground, and back to me. She gave a nod of thanks and turned around.

I didn't have a chance to see where she went next as I was surrounded by five blood suckers. I growled loudly and shot at them. I hit them left and right, biting them hard so it slowed them down and finished them. I got a couple scratches and bruises but was otherwise fine.

'Mate. Let's find mate. We said we wouldn't be too far from where she would be, I have a feeling something bad is going to happen.' Blake said urgently.

'Yes, lets go to her in case she needs help. I can't have anything happening to her.' I replied as I saw I couldn't spot Daphne.

Just as I was starting to move, three vampires came to me in their vampire speed. I stood my ground and waited until they got closer to attack. They came at me at the same time, making my attack easier. I lunged at them, jumping in the air. I hit them hard, making them fall back from the impact. I rolled as I hit the ground, landing on my paws. I shot at them again but, one managed to grab me and throw me to the ground. I felt the hard impact and the piercing pain. I felt them both jump on me and that's where I had enough. I needed to get to Daphne.

I hit them with all my might, ending them quick. I took this time to turn back to my human form, quickly slipping my clothes on. I ran in the direction I felt the mate connection the strongest.

Along the way, I felt a sharp pain in my abdomen. I looked down in confusion. It finally clicked that it wasn't my pain that I was feeling but, Daphne's. I noticed that everything was quiet now and there was no more fighting.

They were all staring in one direction and I knew I needed to go there to find Daphne. I ran there so fast I swear I almost flew.

I saw a figure on the ground and shouted, "Daphne!"

I felt the tears start to come out of my eyes and let out a cry when I reached her.

"No don't you dare leave me, I just go you back," I said, now sobbing.

She started to cough, blood coming out I felt some of the hot, red, liquid land on me but, all I was worried about was my beautiful dying mate in my arms.