Chapter 14

The bullies were now watching Squid's every move. They hated him now that he had left them for idiots.
"Looks like he's one of them now" Bianca said
"Yeah, he needs some pay back I reckon" Heath says putting his hands into fists as they watched Squid having a laugh with the others. "And I have just the plan" Heath stated as they walked away.

Squid went to his lockers after lunch to grab his books for class when he was pushed up against the lockers, his back turned to the person.
"Well you've become a loser, I warned you David but you didn't listen" the guy said.
Squid knew who it was.
"Let me go Heath, I told you I don't want anything to do with you and your friends"Squid said.
He tried to get out of Heath's grasp but Heath was too strong
"We'll see about that" Heath said and bashed Squid's head against one of the lockers which knocked Squid out.
Tom was grabbing his books when he heard someone which sounded a lot like Squid yell out "let me go Heath!" Yes that was definitely Squid. Tom raced down the hallway and saw his brother bleeding from his head and was on the floor unconscious.
"Squid!" Tom shouted as he ran to his brother's side.
Squid had blood running down his face from his head. Tom heard running feet come up behind him and saw it was James who knelt down beside Tom.
"What happened?" James asked looking at Squid
"I don't know but I think Heath was involved, I just found Squid like this" Tom said
"Let's take him to the nurses office" James said helping Tom with Squid.
It took them 5mins but they got there. The nurse told them to go to class and they did but Tom couldn't concentrate, he was worried for his brother. Ash asked Tom where they had been and James and Tom explained about Squid. Nicole looked shocked.
"Even though he has been mean to us, I feel that is really wrong" Snake said
"Yeah let's go see him after school and check if he is ok" Nicole said since they were having their last two periods for the day.
The time soon passed and school had finished and they all went to see if Squid was ok. Finnball asked the nurse if they could see him and she agreed since Tom had to take Squid home. They saw Squid asleep with a bandage around his head on the bed thing they had in the nurses office. Tom woke Squid up carefully.
"Tom?" Squid asked
"I'm right here buddy, we all are" Tom said and Squid looked up slightly and smiled. "Come on let's get you home, can you stand properly without feeling dizzy?"
"I don't know, I haven't tried yet" Squid stated and Tom helped Squid up.
He struggled to stand since dizziness hit Squid immediately but Tom helped him to stay up and they all left. They then said goodbye to each other and went their separate ways. Tom and Squid had the house to themselves that day since both parents were at work. Tom helped Squid onto the couch.
"What is mum and dad going to say?" Tom asked.
Squid shrugged in response.
"Do you want anything to eat?" Tom asked
"No I'm fine and thanks for helping me today Tom" Squid thanked
"No worries, remember, I'll always be by your side to protect you" Tom said and Squid smiled.
Both boys watched TV and fell asleep and were still asleep by the time their parents got home.