Chapter 58

Very long speech heading your way...
It was now Monday and the whole school were setting up the performance hall for the big night. Ash and Squid were going over their speech about what had happened to them whilst other kids were setting up the stage, technical stuff and other things. There were no classes at all that day. Before they all knew it, it was night time and everyone was arriving at school again. They sat with their friends and the night began. 
"Hello everybody and welcome to awards night, now tonight we will be recognising students from our school in the senior year levels of their achievements throughout being at Heckmondwike Grammar School but tonight we are going to start off with a speech prepared by two boys who have been through a tough, traumatising time within their life and would like to share it with you, to make you wary of what can happen in life so please welcome to the stage Ashley Hall and David Spencer" Mrs Messer introduced.
Ash and Squid walked onto stage and started their speech.
"Hi everyone, my name is Ashley Hall and this is my friend David Spencer. As you all probably know is that I went missing last week, well that was because I was kidnapped and it was by another student or should I say students at this school. It has traumatised myself and David through this experience. David will be explaining what happened to him straight afterwards. The students that had kidnapped me were the school bullies Heath, Bianca, Casey and Ricki. Heath was in charge of it all and now they are all in jail for what they have done. Heath had taken me to a warehouse and himself and Casey had been beating me up everyday. But worst came a day before I was found. Heath had called David and as soon as Heath went to show me to David, Casey started beating me up and all I could here was Squid screaming for Heath to tell Casey to stop and David yelling my name. This really did show how strong our friendship really is, it showed much we cared for each other as mates. I soon was knocked out and Heath had hung up on Squid. I couldn't do anything to stop Heath or Casey. Then the last day, when I was found was the worst moment ever but, I shall let David explain how he felt when this was all going on" Ash said passing the mic to Squid.
"Thanks Ash, so as Ash was saying, he had been kidnapped and this really did effect me. I was nary and distraught. I felt like it was my fault because Heath was doing it so he could try and hurt me. I really a heated Heath for doing this and still do but it happened. That call that Heath made to me and showed Ash getting beaten up,I cracked, I couldn't take it anymore, I broke down crying, it all came out, the pain, the anger, the misery I was in came pouring out. Luckily I had Tom my brother and Tyson my cousin to help me through this" Squid explained smiling at Tom and Tyson who were in the audience and they smiled back. "After that, I had to go and find Ash, seeing the pain he was in, the terror he felt, it resembled me when I was a lot younger. I had todo something so, I went out to find him with out anyone knowing. When I arrived I was met with an ugly surprise. Ash was tied to a chair battered and bruised. I immediately ran over to him. Ash kept telling me to go and leave, it wasn't safe there. But I didn't leave, what ever he said, it didn't make me leave. Then it happened. As soon as I had said 'I'm not leaving without you' there was a loud bang and we both went quiet. I saw Ash was crying and I looked down to see, that I had been shot. Straight after that I fell to the ground struggling to breath. Ash continued to yell my name as Heath stepped into view and shot me again. Everything had gone black. I was terrified. I didn't know what was happening. All I felt was pain rushing through my body. I did wake up to find Heath on the floor knocked out and Ash by my side, holding me close. All I could do was cry from the pain and nothing else. Then Heath started to stand up and pointed the gun at us.that was when Tom came in and saved us. He tackled Heath to the ground and they fought. Joseph came over to us to see if we were alright. Ash was but I wasn't. I was losing blood fast. When Ash showed Joseph the wounds. I yelled in pain. Joseph then went to help Tom but, Ash was grabbed from behind and I was thrown off of him, which hurt like hell, maybe worse. Casey then walked over to me and started to beat me up. I couldn't take the pain. One punch to the head and I was out. Just before that happened I saw Ash get away from whoever was holding him and ran over to Heath and grabbed the gun, then nothing. Ash you can now continue, since I can't remember anything else" Squid said passing the mic back to Ash.
"I stood behind Heath and to,shim to stop. He didn't so, I shot him in the foot. He fell to the ground but didn't tell anyone to stop so, I shot him again but in the arm and he to,d everyone to stop. I then looked over to find Casey with blood on his hands, lots of it to, it wasn't his, it was David's. I immediately ran over to David to find him not moving and barley breathing. He had lost lots of blood and mean lots. Tom then called the police and ambulance and David and I were taken to hospital. Tom told us that David had woken up in the van and David wouldn't let go of Tom's hand. David was scared, scared for his life. Tom made a promise to David to be right by his side as soon as he woke up and he was. True family never brake promises. Squid had to have an operation to get the bullets out which was successful. Now we are back to our normal lives but, David had one more thing to say" Ash said and passed the mic to Squid again.
"We saw Heath on Saturday, Ash and I went to the jail to visit him. I know that sounds crazy but, it was the only way we would know we were safe. We talked to Heath and I managed to make him understand that he had been stupid with what he had done. I made it clear to him that it didn't change anything. I am still the same person I was before the kidnapping of Ash and I will never change. We then left and now we are standing here in front of you all, telling you how this incident made us feel, but as you can see, we are no different, we still have the same friends, we still go to the same school, we aren't dead. So if any of you in this building are doing something that isn't right. Think about it, will it change anything because half the time, it won't. Think before you leap, not afterwards because that leap could either end up with you being dead or with you making it to the other side. So this is what has happened to us. Our friendship is stronger and we haven't changed. Thank you" Squid concluded and there was a round of applause with everyone standing up in their seats and cheering.
The two boys then walked back to their seats. Tyson and Tom gave Squid a hug.
"Well done little bro" Tom congratulated
"Thanks"Squid thanked.
"Ok thank you boys for that magnificent speech, we are now going to move onto finding out who our leaders are" Mrs Messer said.