Chapter 32

It was now first break and Squid was starting to get nervous for his maths exam.
"Hey Squid, you alright?" Tom asked
"Yeah, I'm just nervous about the maths exam that's all, I haven't been good at any of my subjects. I know I never used to listen but I sometimes would listen in class if I found it interesting" Squid explained
"Don't worry you'll do just fine, just don't panic"
"Thanks Tom"
"Ash will you stop staring at Izzy, if she catches you, you will scare her off" Nicole laughed
"Well sorry" Ash said.
"You know how you said after lunch you'll be going home Squid?" Finnball questioned
"Yeah" Squid said
"Well you can't because we have to sign up for our leadership positions"
"I'm cool with that, I'm sure the school will tell mum and anyway it's better than being stuck at home in bed"
The bell rang.
"Well good luck on your exam Squid" Martyn said
"Thanks mate" Squid said as he walked to maths class.
Squid had two periods of maths, one for the test and the other so the teacher could mark the test. Squid did struggle a little in the test and tried not stress and before he knew it the test was over and the teacher was marking the test. Squid waited. The suspense was too much for him. He thought he was going to fail. At the end of class they were given their test back as the bell rang. When Squid received his he ran out the door to find Tom and tell him the good news. He saw Tom at his locker and was jumping up and down when he reached Tom.
"Hold your horses Squid, what you so happy about?" Tom asked as Dan walked over to him since they had class together next.
"You'll never believe this, I thought I was going to fail the test but I got an A!" Squid stated excitedly.
"What no way, give me a look at this test" Tom said and the next he knew Tom was so happy for him. "Oh my god congrats bro, wait until mum and dad see this, you'll be getting something special from them tonight"
"Yeah congrats Squid, looks like you being sick you a favour" Dan stated
"A huge one" Squid agreed
"Well,  you better go find Stampys since you both have English together" Tom said as they said goodbye.
Squid was so happy right now.