Chapter 44

Tom walked to the cafeteria and saw his friends and Tyson sitting at a table and walked over to them.
"Hey Tom, where's Squid?" Tyson asked
"I don't know, I thought he was here" Tom said
"Well, he's not" Dan stated
"He did run out of class after shouting at me and Mrs Meder then came back to class with Mr Conwell to collect his books and he looked a bit bruised and as if he had been crying"
"Do you think he got detention?" Stampy asked
"I hope not, or otherwise he will be suspended for the rest of the year since there is only a month left now"
Just then Mr Conwell walked into the cafeteria and Tom walked over to him.
"Mr Conwell, what happened to David?" Tom asked
"Oh your brother, when he ran out of class, he ran into Heath who was going to the bathroom and he bashed him up so, David has a detention and is suspended for the rest of the year" Mr Conwell explained
"What? But, Mr Conwell, David is going through a lot since Ashley has gone missing, couldn't you cut him some slack, please, he was just getting back on track and then this happened"
"I'm sorry Tom but, he did attack a student for no reason at all"
"But we all believe Heath took Ashley whilst being helped by Ricki, Bianca and Casey and they weren't at school after the talent show and came back the night of the dance, that's got to mean something, please, don't suspend him until there has been more information discovered about Ashley going missing?"
"I do suppose you have a point, alright, I'll talk to Mrs Messer"
"Thank you Mr Conwell, this will mean so much to David"
"This will only be once and it won't happen again" Mr Conwell said and walked off.
Tom walked back to the group
"So, what happened?" Netty asked
"Squid is in detention but I convinced Mr Conwell to not suspend him" Tom stated
"Well that's great" Lee said
"It sure is"

Mr Conwell walked back to the office and sat beside Squid who was crying whilst doing his school work.
"David?" Mr Conwell asked
"Yes" Squid sighed wiping his face.
"You are not getting suspended anymore thanks to your brother Tom, he convinced me that you have been through enough already and we don't know if Heath took Ashley or not so, we are going to wait for more information to be found about Ashley and that this would give you a break"
Squid looked up at this news. "Really, this isn't a joke is it?"
"No it's not David"
"Can I go thank my brother please before lunch ends?"
"Yes you may" Mr Conwell said and they went to the cafeteria.
Squid saw Tom at the table with the others and ran up to him and hugged him which surprised Tom.
"Squid! What are you doing here?" Tom asked shocked.
"Thank you Tom" Squid thanked
"For what?"
"For not getting me suspended and for being my brother"
"Aww Squid, I couldn't let you get suspended, you've been through enough already and I'm proud to call you my brother"
"I miss Ash and I'm scared Tom"
"I know you do and don't worry, we'll find him and don't be scared. Ash will be fine and so will you" Tom soothed.
Squid sniffled and let go of Tom.
"Come on David, I got to take you back to detention" Mr Conwell said putting his hand on Squid's shoulder.
Squid nodded and waved to Tom and the others and walked back with Mr Conwell.
"Aww, that was so cute" Amy said
"Yeah that was really cute, you two are lucky to have each other" James said.
"Well, that is what brothers are for, to care for each other and stand up for each other. I can never stand seeing my little brother being upset" Tom explained and then the bell rang.