Chapter 24

The rest of the sleep over, Ash and Squid avoided each other and whenever they looked at each other, they would frown and look away. The next day, as soon as they got to school, Ash signed up for the competition and then they went to classes. In their first class which was science, there was an announcement over the speaker about the talent show 'attention all students, the talent show has now been moved to next week so any students that are participating better start practicing and/or choosing their songs, so the talent show has been moved to next week'. Straight after school, Ash planned to choose his song but right now, had to concentrate in science or he would fail. The day passed without Squid and Ash saying a word to each other, just absolute silence. Instead of eating lunch with the group, Squid went to the oval and started kicking a football round the place. Lee had followed Squid and asked if he could join and Squid nodded as he passed the footy. They talked whilst playing before the bell rang then headed to ICT. Straight after school, Ash raced home and looked through his phone and at his CD's to see which one he would pick and found the perfect one.

The competition was creeping up on Ash fast and before he knew it, it was only one day away. Ash and Squid were still giving each other the silent treatment. Nicole had tried to get the boys to get along but had given up. The group of friends had heard Ash practice day after day. Squid came along as well because he was forced to by Tom and Nicole. Finnball was helping Ash the day before with organising himself for the big night tomorrow night and Ash started talking to Finnball.
"I hate being angry at Squid, but he is being annoying right now, not himself at all" Ash explained
"Well, remember, Squid is going through some hard times still, with grades, detentions, Tom having Alopecia and bullying and maybe some other stuff we don't know about so, of course he would act this way at the moment, it's normal" Finnball stated
"Yeah, I guess your right, I really want to apologise but, he won't talk to me"
"Well, you haven't been talking to him either" Finnball laughed earning a death stare from Ash but it soon softened
"Yeah that too, but I'll try and fix it, but he is still annoying" Ash said earning a laugh from Finnball.
The next day went quick and soon enough, the concert had arrived.