Chapter 56

The next day was the weekend. Ash had stayed over at Squid's house the night before and the two boys were still asleep, well, one of them was. Squid had been struggling to get to sleep of a nighttime unless he was super duper tired like yesterday afternoon. He had barely slept a peep and was exhausted. Every time he would close his eyes, he would see Heath, Ash getting beaten up or, himself being being shot and blood all over him. He closed his eyes for a couple of seconds and his imagination kicked in making it sound like he was getting shot and his left shoulder started hurting so much, Squid immediately sat up and grabbed at his shoulder out of pure reaction. Squid soon started to cry. He hadn't gotten heaps of sleep since the day he was shot. Squid had given up on himself. He couldn't take this pressure. The memories flooded in quickly the more he cried. Soon Squid was crying so much, he woke up Ash who was wondering what was going on until he saw Squid crying his heart out and immediately went over to him and gave Squid a hug.
"I can't take this anymore Ash, I just can't" Squid cried.
"Shhh, it's alright, like you said last night to me, there is nothing we need to worry about, he's gone for good" Ash soothed.
Squid continued to cry. Ash then decided to go and get Tom. When Tom came in, he immediately tried to calm Squid down. Tom then thought of something, the only way that could possibly help Squid and maybe Ash as well was to actually go and see Heath himself. To show them he can't escape jail, to show them that they are safe and, to show Heath what he had done and possibly, he would regret it.
"Ok, you two may not like this but, I think the best way to show you both that everything is all going to be fine is if you both, go and see Heath himself in jail"
Squid and Ash froze.
"What, are you crazy Tom?" Ash yelled
"No I'm not, it would help both of you to see that he is behind bars and you can feel a lot safer and possibly, Heath would realise what he has done once he sees the both of you"
"I guess you have a point" Squid sighed "let's go, today" Squid said as he stood up.
Ash wasn't so sure but agreed to go with Squid.

At about middy, they went to the jail. Ash and Squid went to the visiting area and saw Heath sitting at a table waiting for them.
"Oh look who it is, my old enemies" Heath snarled
"We aren't here for trouble Heath, we are just here to well, see you" Ash said
"Really, is that all" Heath stated rolling his eyes
"Heath, if you would just listen, I still don't understand why you did this to Ash and I but it didn't change anything as you can see, I'm not in your group which is now in jail and I haven't left my friends either, so, I really struggle to see why you did this to us, I ended up getting shot twice by you and you kidnapped Ash who I managed to find and he only got beatings but it didn't change us like I said, but why?" Squid asked.
Heath was quiet and looked to the ground. Heath had an idea and he smiled to himself and looked up with a saddened look.
"I now understand" Heath whispered.
"What?" Ash asked
"I said I understand now, your right David, it didn't change anything, it only put me and my friends in jail for kidnapping and almost murder. I guess I just lost it completely. I liked having you about David. I know you might find that really pathetic by the way I treated you, but I did. I hated how you left my group and went to your other friends. I guess I should've just moved on. This may sound like rubbish to you but, I'm telling the absolute truth. After what you just said to me, it made me think. It's to late to take it all back now, what's done is done, I can't change that but, what I can change is the way I act now. I'm sorry Ashley and David, what I did was really, extremely stupid. I don't expect forgiveness at all, only that, if we can leave it in the past and not bring it up again" Heath explained.
"Heath, I don't forgive you but, we can put it in the past and, you should've just said how you feel instead of trying to kill me. You wouldn't of seen me ever again if you did" Squid said
"Yeah you do have a point and thanks"
"Your welcome, listen, we've got to head off but, I'll come visit some other time and, get some anger management done" Squid said
"Ok, I will" Heath laughed as Squid and Ash left. "Pathetic losers, knew you guys still had no brains" Heath laughed to himself as he left the visiting area.
"Wow Squid, that was amazing" Ash said
"You reckon?" Squid asked
"Yes, how'd you do that?"
"I don't know, it just happens" Squid laughed as they hopped into Squid's dad's car and drove home. But what they didn't know was that they really hadn't changed Heath's understanding of what he did.

Ash was dropped home and Squid and his dad drove home. When Squid walked into the door, Tom was waiting for him.
"So, how'd it go?" Tom asked
"Brilliant, I made Heath realise how pathetic he was and well, I said I'd see him again" Squid explained
"See, it wasn't so bad but really, you want to see him again?" Tom asked
"Yeah, might as well" Squid said and walked upstairs.
"Sometimes I don't understand my brother" Tom laughed to himself and also went upstairs.
He heard Squid practicing his singing and could also hear another voice. He must've skyped Ash. They hadn't stopped practicing for the past two days. Tom decided to record Squid on video and he did. Tom then left and walked into Tyson's room. Tyson was asleep as per usual when there was nothing for him to do.
"Tyson, get up lazy butt" Tom teased as he threw a pillow at him.
Tyson then woke up and threw a pillow at Tom and they started a pillow fight. Squid came downstairs and heard the boys and walked into the room earning a pillow to the face. Tom and Tyson stopped mid action as Squid grabbed the pillow and started to hit Tom. They all started laughing and continued the pillow fight until, one pillow broke and feathers went everywhere.
"Oh no, these pillows are filled with baby birds" Squid laughed (Penguins of Madagascar reference)
"Yeah and they are also filled with death, mum is going to kill us" Tom said
"Yeah, your right, let's clean this mess up" Tyson agreed.