Chapter 21

Squid's POV:
Tom and I arrive home seeing a car parked in the driveway. Oh shoot our parents are home and we run faster. We get to the door and open it. Mum comes running over to us.
"Where have you two been, your father and I were so worried?" Mum asked
"We just went on a little walk and we must've forgot to leave a note, sorry Mum" Tom lies.
"Ok well dinner will be ready soon but go get changed, you boys look like you just ran a race" Mum stated and we went and had our showers and came down for dinner.
After dinner Tom called the others to say that I was found and they were happy about that. Tom then started asking me why I ran but I kept my mouth shut. He soon gave up and left and I fell asleep.

Normal POV:
It was now Tuesday and that meant school. Squid didn't want to go since he had lunch time detention all day but he had to go. The group all met up at the front gates as usual and they were asking Squid questions about last night but he just ignored them and walked off.
"Guys, something is definitely wrong with Squid" Finnball stated
"Yeah, sure is" Sqaishey agreed
"I'll see what he's like in class" Martyn said and the bell rang and they all went to classes.
Martyn sat next to Squid who was flicking his pencil. They had geography together first up and it was a double. Soon Heath and his gang walked into class and Heath smirked at Squid but Squid looked away and layed his head on the desk. Martyn saw this and knew Heath was involved. He took note of all the actions Squid and Heath did those two lessons and would tell the others at lunch.

At lunch:
Martyn was telling the others about Squid.
"Talking about Squid, where is he?" Dan asked
"I don't know" Stampy said
"If your looking for David, he's in detention still" a voice said behind them.
They turned around to see Heath as he walked away.
"What does he mean by still in detention, Squid didn't do anything" Netty stated
"Squid will kill me for saying this but, Heath was bothering him in science yesterday and Squid snapped and broke Heath's experiment so yeah that happened" Lee explained
"Poor Squid" Amy said
"Heath never leaves Squid alone, ever anymore" James stated.
"Yeah Squid told me that yesterday in detention but he said nothing about still being in detention" Ash said.
"Come on let's grab our books for PD" Snake insisted and they did.

In the hallway:
Squid had been let out of detention early so he could get his books. He was at his locker when he was pushed to the ground. Squid was in shock that he didn't see a punch coming towards his face and then a kick to the stomach. Squid then saw who it was and it was Heath and Casey beating him up. As Casey brought his fist towards Squid's face, Squid grabbed it but remembered if anything he did wrong, he would be suspended and he loosened Casey's fist earning another punch to the face. He yelled in pain.
"Told you we'd get you David but this isn't the end" Heath said and ran off with Casey following.
Squid was battered and bruised, he picked himself up and limped towards the bathrooms and cried.
"Why me, why do I deserve this?" Squid cried.
The bell rang but he didn't leave.