Chapter 50

Tom went into the ambulance that Squid was in and went to the hospital as well. Tom was in the waiting room and Tyson, Stampy, Amy and Netty showed up.
"The others had to go home, but they said they would try to drop in" Netty said.
Just then, Ash came walking down the corridor with a bandage around his arm.
"What happened to you?" Amy asked
"I had a big slash on my arm and, I didn't even know it" Ash said.
"How was Squid in the ambulance?" Stampy asked
"Squid woke up and he didn't want to let go of my hand, I know it sounds childish but, he was scared, scared for his life. I promised him I'd be right by his side after the operation of getting the bullets out of his stomach and shoulder" Tom explained
"Well that's good, I'll also be right by his side" Tyson said.
Tom smiled at this, he was glad Tyson was around. It took another hour for a doctor to come out.
"How'd it go?"
"The operation went well, he's asleep at the moment but, you are welcome to go in and see him" the doctor said and Tom ran in there without being told twice, followed by the others.
Tom sat next to Squid's bed and held his hand. Someone then knocked on the door. It was Nicole. She also sat beside Squid.  Squid slept peacefully but after about 15 minutes, Squid started to wake up.
"Agh, where am I?" Squid asked
"Squid your awake" Tom said
"You kept your promise"
"I sure did and I would never ever break it in a life time"
"The doctor said you went fine" Ash said as he came over
"Ash, your alright" Squid said
"Yeah I am and so are you"
"Thanks for helping me Ash"
"No, I should be thanking you, you came even though it meant getting well, shot"
"Well, your my best mate, and I couldn't take the pain any more" Squid said which made Ash smile.
A doctor then came in and checked over Squid and they waited outside.