Chapter 55

When the boys were called down for dinner, only Tyson and Tom came downstairs.
"Where's your brother and Ashley?" John asked
"Must be still in Squid's room, I'll go check" Tom said darting back up stairs.
Tom knocked on Squid's door and get no reply so he opened the door, to find Ash asleep in a chair and Squid asleep at his desk. He then quietly shut the door and went back downstairs.
"Well, where are they" Diane asked
"They're asleep in Squid's room and so I just left them, they've been working hard all day and they need the sleep" Tom said as he sat down.
"I'll put some food aside for them later incase they wake up"
They then had dinner.

Upstairs, Ash started moaning in his sleep and sweating. He was having a nightmare about being kidnapped by Heath.

Ash's nightmare, Ash's POV:
Whilst Heath was calling Squid, Casey came over to me and when Heath pointed the phone at me, Casey started to bash me up. I could here Squid screaming my name and for Heath to tell Casey to stop. Then I was kicked against a wall and everything went black as Squid's voice faded into the background.
End of nightmare.

Ash woke up with a yell and was breathing heavily. Squid was beside him immediately.
"Ash, you ok?" Squid asked. Ash shook his head in reply.
"No, I had a nightmare about when, Heath called you and Casey beat me up" Ash said as a few tears escaped his eyes.
Squid then hugged Ash.
"Well, we're safe now, Heath is in jail so, we don't need to worry" Squid soothed even though, similar things had happened to him.
"Since then, I haven't been able to get Heath out of my head, he's always there"
"Yeah, I know, it's the same for me"
Squid then checked the time, it was 8pm.
"Well anyway, are you hungry?" Squid asked and Ash nodded. "Well, let's go have our dinner since we missed actual dinner because we were asleep" Squid said as they walked downstairs.
Ash quickly wiped his eyes as he followed Squid.

Ash and Squid had their dinner and then were about to go back upstairs until Squid was told to take out the rubbish and he did. Squid was just about to walk outside but, he couldn't bring himself to do it. Just looking into the darkness made him worry what could be lurking within. Even though he said there was nothing to worry about to Ash, Squid was a type of person who never really followed his own advice and it still effected him heaps.
"Squid, are you taking the rubbish out?" Tom asked
"Um, yeah, I'm just, um..." Squid was stuttering and started to step backwards.
"Squid what's up?"
"I can't do it, I can't even go outside anymore on my own, I'm scared Tom, what if he escaped? What if he is right outside?" Squid questioned as he started to cry.
"Look, don't worry, I'll come out with you, how about that?" Tom asked and Squid nodded.
He felt like a little kid scared of the dark but, he couldn't help being afraid. Ash had watched Squid and saw how frightened Squid actually was. Ash and Squid were still quite traumatised from the incident. It did give them a humongous scare, especially when Squid had been shot. Ash then walked upstairs to wait for Squid to come back.