Chapter 43

The next morning was another school day but, it wasn't ordinary. The two brothers and Tyson trudged to school. Squid was walking the slowest. All morning he had been very quiet. When they arrived at school, they saw their friends. It wasn't the ordinary chit chat, it was just an awkward silence until they saw a police car drive up the school's driveway. Two police hopped out and walked to the performance hall where Mrs Messer, the school's principal, was waiting. She pointed towards the group and the police walked over.
"Which one of you is David Spencer?" The male police officer asked.
Squid put up his hand, hoping he wasn't in any sort of trouble.
"Could we ask you a few questions?" The female police officer asked and Squid nodded and followed them to a seat near the police car.
"David I'm Officer Brian and this is Officer Denice. We will just be asking you a couple of questions about Ashley Hall's disappearance. You knew Ashley Hall very well and your principal said that you were performing with him last night, did you notice anything out of the ordinary last night before Ashley was taken?" Officer Brian asked
"Um no unless you find that someone who hasn't been to school for awhile turns up at the dance" Squid says
"Could you tell us who this person or people were?" Denice asked
"Yes, they were Heath, Ricki, Bianca and Casey"
"Ok, did Ashley have any sort of dis likings towards any of these people?" Officer Brian asked
"Yes he did and so do I as well as my other friends over there"
"Could you tell us why you all hate these other students?" Officer Denice questioned
"Well, you should have my name in a file at the police station as well as Heath and the others because I used to be great friends with them and we graffitied three people's houses so we will be in a file but anyway, I told the police what had happened and I left their group and Heath didn't like that and has been picking on me and my other friends ever since"
"Ok thank you for your time David and we will let you know if we hear anything about Ashley" Officer Brian said and they walked off and Squid went back to the group.
"So, what happened?" Tyson asked
"They just asked me questions about last night that's all, anyway, we better get to class" Squid sighed and walked off
"Gee I feel sorry for Squid" Stampy said
"Yeah, Squid is really finding this hard to deal with but he's is right, we better get to class" Tom said and they followed Squid.

Squid and Tom were in maths class together. Squid would normally be concentrating but today, he wasn't thinking straight. Tom noticed this when Squid received a worksheet, he completely ignored it.
"Squid, you ok?" Tom asked but got no response "Squid!" Tom whispered loudly and threw a rubber at his brother who jumped.
"What is it Tom?" Squid asked
"What's wrong, your not concentrating at all?"
"Not concentrating, Tom how can I concentrate when Ash has been taken by who knows who and I was there! I could've stopped it but I didn't! So how can I concentrate when he is missing!" Squid yelled standing in his seat and the other classmates looking at him.
"David sit down now!" Mrs Meder shouted
"What you expect me to just get back to work as if nothing ever happened!"
"David, I said sit down!"
"No I can't concentrate!" Squid yelled and ran out of the classroom.
"David, get back here!"
She then grabbed the phone. "We have a student who just ran out of the class and I don't know where he has gone, his name is David Spencer" Ms Meder said into the phone.
"Ok, I will go look for him now" Mr Conwell said and then he hung up. Tom was worried for Squid and wanted to go look for him but knew he wasn't allowed so stayed put.

Squid was running blindly through the school crying his eyes out. He didn't know what to do anymore. He couldn't treat Ash going missing as nothing because it wasn't nothing. Squid the ran into someone and stopped. He wiped his eyes and saw Heath standing in front of him.
"Well hello there loser" Heath said. Squid lost it, anger took over him.
"You kidnapped Ash!" Squid yelled and attacked Heath.
He didn't care if he got suspended, he didn't care if he got expelled, all he cared about was Ash and him being safe. Squid was punching the hell out of Heath as well as kicking him and anything else he could do to Heath. Heath was trying to get Squid off of him but it was useless. Squid was about to throw another punch to Heath's face when he was grabbed and pulled off of Heath.
"Mr Spencer that is enough!" Mr Conwell yelled
"He took Ash, Heath did it!" Squid yelled back
"Even if Heath did do that which is very much highly unlikely there is no need for any of this behaviour so you have a detention and I have been told that if you get a detention you are suspended and that David is what you are for the rest of the term" Mr Conwell stated.
Mr Conwell helped Heath up and took him to the nurses office then took Squid to grab his books from his maths class where Tom looked very confused. They had a whole day of school left. He also saw Squid was a little bashed up and was looking as if he had been crying. Squid then grabbed everything else from his locker and went straight to the office to have all day detention. Squid was in so much trouble from his parents.