Chapter 51

Squid got his arm put in a sling so he couldn't risk harming his shoulder anymore. He also had a thick bandage around his stomach which had to be changed every week. He was also on antibiotics to help it heal. Diane was called to the hospital to go and pick up Squid and Tom.
"David, are you alright? What happened?" Diane asked
"Mum I'm fine, I went to save Ash from Heath and Heath shot me twice but I'm fine" Squid explained hugging his mum. "I went to save Squid when Ash rung my mobile saying Squid had been shot and I ran as fast as I could with the others to get there" Tom said
"Well I'm proud of you both, now come on, let's get you both home, you missed 2 days of school and you will be going tomorrow" Diane said and they went home.
Since it was 10pm by the time they arrived home and immediately went to sleep.

Next morning Squid and Tom got up early for school and got dressed. Squid looked in the mirror before he put his shirt on and saw the bandage around his stomach and had a flashback to yesterday.

Flashback:
"Ash!" I yell and he turns his head, I then reach him.
"No Squid don't ,you need to leave now, it's not safe here, just leave!" Ash yells
"No, I'm not leaving with out you" I say as I undo the rope around his wrists
"Squid just..." Ash was then interrupted by a loud bang.
I feel something in my stomach. I look down and see blood covering my shirt. I then realised, I had been shot and I fall to the ground struggling to breath.
"Squid!" Ash yelled my name and Heath stands in front of me with a gun pointed at me.
"You shouldn't of come" Heath said and shot me again and everything went black.
End of flashback.

Squid shook his head and cringed as his shoulder started to ache where he had been shot. Squid then walked downstairs.
"Hey Squid" Tom greeted as he waited at the bottom of the stairs
"Hey Tom" Squid sighed
"What's up?"
"I just had a flashback to yesterday and my shoulder really hurts"
"Ok well mum and dad are at work so I'll get you antibiotics so you can have them" Tom said and Squid nodded.
After they had breakfast they walked to school.
"Hey where's Tyson?" Squid asked noticing Tyson wasn't with them
"Oh he stayed at Ash's place last night" Tom said
"Oh, ok" Squid said and they continued walking.