Chapter 26

Later that night, everyone left Ash's place to go home and get some sleep. It would be Friday tomorrow, one day away from the weekend. Once everyone was at their homes, they all fell asleep.

Squid's POV:
I woke up the next morning with a sore throat. Probably from last night after singing with Ash. I got out of bed and as soon as I did, I regretted it. Dizziness hit me almost immediately. I quickly sat back down on my bed.
"What is wro... Wait what is wrong with my voice?" I asked myself.
This time I slowly get up and walk to my mirror that was on my wardrobe and I opened my mouth to see my tonsils were very red.
"I can't be sick, no way" I say to myself and get changed then walk down stairs slowly.
I could see Tom at the table eating breakfast and I sat down opposite him.
"Morning Squid" Tom greeted me
"Morning Tom" I reply
"Squid, are you feeling ok, your voice is very, different and in fact, you look quite pale?"
"I don't know, my tonsils are very red and I felt dizzy when I got up"
Tom then walks over to me and places his hand on my forehead.
"Jesus Squid, your boiling hot, I think you are sick, I'm going to go tell mum and ask if you should stay home today" Tom said and I moaned in annoyance.
5 minutes later, mum came into the room and felt my forehead as well.
"David, your staying home today and I'm taking you to the doctors" mum ordered
"Oh come on seriously, I feel fine mum, I can go to school" I say smiling trying not to show that I was sick
"Yeah, he's definitely sick if he wants to go to school" my dad says as he walks into the door
"Nice one dad" Tom laughs.
"Go on, into bed with you David" Mum says and I trudge up the stairs to my room.

Tom's POV:
I leave home after saying goodbye to mum, dad, and Squid who is now sick. On my way to school, I saw Nicole just ahead of me and I ran up to her.
"Hey Nicole" I greeted
"Hi Tom, hey, where's Squid?" She asks
"Um, he's sick, probably with tonsillitis"
"Oh, I hope he get's better soon, I'll drop round this afternoon if that's all right?"
"Yeah that's cool, I think he'd like that" I agree and soon enough we were outside of school and were greeted by the others who all asked where Squid was and I explained to them what I had just said to Nicole and they wanted to see him later as well and I agreed.
Suddenly Mrs McCoy walked up to us and asked for Ash and he went with her. After five minutes, Ash came back grinning.
"Ok, what happened?" Finnball asked
"Mrs McCoy wants Squid and I to perform at the school dance in three weeks" Ash stated
"That's awesome Ash" Sqaishey said
"Yeah I forgot about the dance coming up" Martyn stated
"You guys all going?" Dan asked
"Well, we all should to cheer on Squid and Ash but is anyone bringing someone along?" Stampy asked.
"Maybe" we all shrugged.
"Come on let's get to classes so we can surprise Squid quicker" Netty said and they ran to classes.

Normal POV:
Lee was the first one waiting at the gate for everyone to head to Tom and Squid's to surprise Squid.
"Come on, let's go surprise Nugget Face" Amy laughed and they hurried off.
When they arrived Tom knocked on the door and his mum opened it and told them to keep it quiet because Squid was asleep. They walked quietly upstairs. Tom opened Squid's door and saw him fast asleep under his duvet. Tom quietly woke Squid up who took a while since he was a heavy sleeper.
"What are you doing Tom?" Squid croaked
"Look who's here to see you" Tom said pointing to everyone
"Hi guys"
"Hi Squid, how you feeling?" James asked
"Terrible"
"Did they say what was wrong?"
"Yeah, I have tonsillitis again"
"Isn't this like the third time this year?" Nicole asked
"Yeah, Squid gets it a lot, don't know why but, he does" Tom explained
"Well, one thing we came here to tell you is that Mrs McCoy wants you and I to sing for the school dance" Ash said
"Ok hopefully I'm better within three weeks" Squid hoped
"Ok, we'll leave you to rest now, we'll see you at school when your better or we may pop in from time to time" Finnball said and Squid nodded and went back to sleep as they left.